Court on Monday for Assault Charges

Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Court on Monday for Assault Charges

Well we are going to court on Monday for the assualt charges that are against cah for pulling a knife on me. Also for the extension of the 50-b. Please pray for me.

He has been to rehab got out after 21 days used the same day he got out. Went back to rehab for four more days and they gave him a shot so that if he uses opiates they will have no affect. Wish they had something for crack that would do the same as he is a dual addict. Anyone they released him again yesterday with a safety plan which means he has someone with him as much as possible.

I am feeling a bit optomistic which sends me into the whole "maybe" stage as I so hope he can learn to surrender to the addiction for the sake of our son who just turned two.

Pray for me because I have agreed to allow contact in neutral areas since there are certain things we need to do and we attend the same church. I am scared this will weaken my resolve to keep him out of my life until a year clean. I love him dearly but have come to love the peace at home since he has been gone.

I also don't want him to have to go to jail but will not waiver in getting on the stand and telling the truth. He has to be responsible.

You guys have been such a support to me and I can't do it without you. Just now found a local meeting that I will be attending on Thursday. Just trying to pull strength from everywhere.

Thanks for listening I know this post jumps all around and back again - just pray for me and know that I pray for you all too and am greatful for this site.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Him going to jail isn't nice but it could be the best thing for him.

Telling the truth and doing what is best for you and your son are the best things you can do for him besides prayer. Pray first and pray last and in the middle of the prayers... Take care of you as that is the best thing you can do for all of you.

God's strength and guidance go with you.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending you some prayers that things will work out. Stay strong, I know sometimes that is hard. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I admire your strength and resolve.
And these things you mention, although hard, may be the most loving things you could do.
I will pray for you and your family
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'll be praying for the best possible outcome for you and your son.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Praying for you all. Absolutely...I think telling the truth, knowing that his higher power will get him to where he should be and trusting that letting everything happen without trying to control or manipulate it is a great plan. It may be difficult, but it is right for all of you. Hugs and prayers
Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

my prayers are added. i hope everything goes in court the way it is meant to..hugs,
Old 03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree, telling the truth and let the chips fall where they may. allow his hp to direct his path, and if just so happens he ends up in jail, it may be the best thing for the both of you. abuse is progressive, so hopefully this experience will teach him that he has to learn how to control his anger and re direct it away from harming others. keeping you in my prayers
Old 03-06-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i agree with all of the responses. adding my prayers that your higher power knows what is best for all of you.

as you walk into that courtroom, think of all of your friends here at sr, because we will all be with you.