Going Crazy

Old 03-02-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going Crazy

Hi Everybody

I have just joined but have been reading books and books about co-dependency and am happy that I have found this Forum - I am not alone although I feel like the whole world is against me.

The first thing I have learned in the past weeks is to detach myself but my question is of course how to do it? I am not from the US and that would probably involve me moving back to Europe as I think I am just not strong enough to pull this through in a foreign country on my own. Of course I still love my AH or better the idea of him being sober again - dreams squashed.

It's so hard and painful. He has been drunk more or less since two years and it is getting worse and worse. vodka bottles all over the house, urinating in the bed, passing out on the floor, just falling off the chair, not to mention the verbal abuse etc. he doesn't work anymore, is just drunk from morning til night. I am very concerned of course, especially since he started to get really confused the past week......

My question is: How far can it affect your brain or is that a sign for an upcoming seizure? I am very scared, he just doesn't makes sense anymore, makes up stories he believes himself etc. Furthermore he has threatened to commit suicide in the past (not on this binge) quite a few times. I don't really think he means is but how serious should I take it?

Thank you so much for any replies......

He has been drinking for more than 20 years and is 41.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Vinnie we are glad you found us too.... Im sorry about the circumstances though.

On detaching try this link

http://soberrecovery.com/forums/frie...detaching.html

I dont have alot to offer on the stages but there is a list of books in the stickes and one that I liked was Under the Influence.

There is alot of good info in the stickies up top. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for you, for all of us. It sounds like he is pretty far along. Alochol effects all body parts. Could you make an appt with a medical doctor to share the symptoms and get an opinion?
Here is what I would do. If at any time your husband behaves in a way that concerns you, call an ambulance.
Don't talk about it, just call.
I would sit and try to figure out what ads up to a crsis. The medical crisis is inevitable but you aren't a doctor. If he goes unconscience, threatens to kill himself, becomes disoriented, call 911. Don't try to figure it all out. If you like it here, stay here.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I would add to Mallow's words of wisdom by saying also that if you want to go home, go home. He is an adult man and your marital vows did not include watching him intentionally self-destruct. You know what is right for you and he's very sick to have let himself progress this far. You know you can't control what he does next, but you can control what you do next.

Strength.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. You must be very scared. I agree with mallow, get the advice of a Doctor. Hang in there.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hop on the bus gus-set yourself free---I would be on a plane today...Its called alcoholic dementia---brain fried from too much abuse--yup--seizures ect...you can always call 911 and have him taken into detox/psych unit--section him in.....horrible he has done this to himself--I hope it is not permanent damage----be strong