Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

hope everyone reads, imortant thoughts here at 5:30 in the morning :)

Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey all

i have been wanting recovery for a long time now, but havent been able to reach it, and today i had a huge realization, so i share in hopes it can have any impact, so if you curious, please read on

there was a very bad occurance, and although it not very personal, i knew people involved and was very shocking, and think i have finally found what i need to do to start my recovery, i have found lots of excuses and reasons, to keep using and deep down, i never really wanted to quit as much as i need and know i should, but i think i finally found what i am lacking and need to focus on to replace my addiction, and i think it possible alot of addicts are lacking this, who knows, it seems almost to simple, if u curious then keep reading

i realized that i dont care or love myself enough, or really think i am worth fighting for, and have always looked for other reasons/causes/excuses/ but come on, if we (ourselves) dont think we are worth fighting for, then it wont be a very fair battle, and addiction is going to win, (come on read on)

but if we realize that it doesnt matter where we come from, or what weve done, or what sad story we tell to explain our lives......what matters is that at this moment, at this time, we need to accept and believe that we DO deserve a good life, and its OK to want more, its OK to think and wish for what u cant have and feel jealous of what others have and u dont, realize u are jealous because u want it, and thats ok, (one more thought, might as well finsh, u read this far! )

we need to love oursleves like nonaddicts do, thats how they have what they do, they dont question or doubt that they deserve what they have, they enjoy it and we DO deserve that like anyone else, im not saying this is the answer to everything, and i know there are struggles, but start with knowing and believing that u are still part of society, and that u are worth fighting for, stop feeling sorry about, and pondering our situations, and instead look inside for reasons to do this, we are all human and have the ability to love, we should start with ourselves, and and i share the following that a friend sent me, and i am am thankful i had the chance to express my thoughts here, feel free to comment, relate, or critisize, im curious how u all feel

take care

mb

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror where you could read it every day. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone you don't even know exists, loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you ... take another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Thanx..I can't sleep and this was some good positive stuff to put in my brain...my insane brain...
love north
Old 03-02-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that the biggest stumbling block in my recovery was believing that I deserved a good life. I thought everyone else did, especially my family, but not me. Thanks for this.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mbbb, thanks for the thread...

good wishes on your recovery...

and hey.. yep, i was curious...

good ending... 100%

xxoo, zip
Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The more time I stay sober the more I like myself and I can look at myself in the mirror without bad thoughts. As time passes, I have begun to realise how much I hated myself and I was sabotaging my successes. Money I earnt would disappear. I didn't hold on to good things because I didn't think I deserved them. And I didn't think I deserved love.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow. Thanks. That's it in a nutshell. When I'm having a rough go of it, those are exactly the icky thoughts that start popping up. As always, it amazes me how similar of reactions we all have. That's why I'll keep coming back!!!