a funny about ex's health

Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a funny about ex's health

My ex called to give me his dr. appt. update.
First, he's stopped smoking for 1 month...I congratulated him.

Second, his blood work came back and his triglycerides are extremely high well over 600. He said he'll have to become a vegetarian now and he's really going to stop eating all of the bad things.

I couldn't resist (well knowing the answer) and asked, So do you have to drink less of the Captain, too? Of course he said, now you just nevermind about that, it's none of your business, you don't know what's been going on for 6 months. He's right, but I do have some pretty good guesses. Then he had to go because he was at the pharmacy getting his medication. He just didn't like my question.

Again, this just goes to show nothing's changed, except now he's taking more medication and following dr.'s orders. He's doing everything the dr. says. I wish his dr. would say you have to drink less or stop drinking all together. That may come in time.

I feel for him, I really do, but it's out of my hands and always has been.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
full of hope

"I feel for him, I really do, but it's out of my hands and always has been."

Wow! That sounds really healthy! It ALWAYS has been out of our hands, huh? I'm really living in denial thinking otherwise.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

aztchr, regardless of what the doctor says, he's gonna drink if he wants to drink. Sad, but true. Maybe he'll "listen" when his liver and/or pancreas starts to konk out on him. You are exactly right .... we could try to move heaven and earth and it wouldn't do one doggone thing to get them to stop drinking unless they want to stop drinking.

Take care of yourself and put it all in your Higher Power's hands. By the way, aztchr, don't you live in Mesa??? I'm up that way frequently .... maybe we could hook up for a cup of coffee sometime.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't assume the doctor hasn't already said that. Another reason I just keep my side of the street clean.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree Denny. With a triglyceride count over 600, I think the doc was honest about that, if the count is that high, I'm fairly certain his liver is effected. Sorry but I missed the part that was funny. Thatis a critical high value.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Guess funny wasn't the right word. I wasn't trying to make light of his health. I know the progression as my grandfather passed away from liver cancer due to his alcoholism.

Maybe ironic is a better word choice. Ironic how my ex was going to change his diet thinking that will help his triglycerides, but is still in so much denial of doing anything about the drinking. It's sad how they will do everything, BUT the one thing that could really save their lives.

Instead of getting upset and feeling like I need to do something about it, which I know I can't, I guess I'm acknowledging the reality of it all.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aztchr View Post
It's sad how they will do everything, BUT the one thing that could really save their lives.
Just like us :-)