have I flipped my lid?..just kidding

Old 03-01-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

have I flipped my lid?..just kidding

Today I noticed something as I was straighting up and getting ready for work.
AH hasn't been home for a weeks now.. I have not had to pick-up his dirty clothes and put them in the hamper, clean up his garbage from the night before wrappers/glasses etc. put his dishes in the dishwasher. I have like 2/3's less laundry. WOW. Don't get me wrong I have kids and I am still picking up after them. They are a work in progress...

It just made me happy and grateful for the little things.

I was curious if anyone else ever felt this way? Or have I finally flipped my lid.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I felt the same. He has some kind of hearing issue and kept the TV blaring so loud it would give me a headache. I'm so not missing that. I also don't miss the snoring made worse by his usual nightly 12-pack. Nothing like a sweaty, grossly overweight, snoring, sour beer smelling alcoholic on your couch.

And he wonders why I don't want him back lol
Old 03-01-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I was always a neat freak, cleaning the house gave me an excuse to drink even more while I worked. But I can definitely relate to the snoring!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

one of the first things i did not miss.....the blobs of shampoo and hair conditioner in the shower surround...i've said before that he used to shake his head like a wet saint bernard and the blobs would go slinging....and he was very tall......so guess what i got to do everytime i showered????

yup.....try to wash the dried shampoo blobs at above my head heigth. heighth. heighth. (higher than me)

and the toothpaste splatters on the mirror....good grief!!!! it always reminded me of donald duck brushing his teeth and talking non stop while doing it.....and splattering the toothpaste like a tommy-gun.

oh, and he never rinsed the sink out after brushing his teeth....just spit it out and left it.....i always thought all of this was his way of saying.....f' you big time!!!!

lemme see.....there are so many.....

no, you are not flippin yer lid!!!! congrats on enjoying the small things!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Speaking of snoring... since my AH has been in recovery, he has stopped snoring. Another bonus!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hope2bhappy View Post
Speaking of snoring... since my AH has been in recovery, he has stopped snoring. Another bonus!

My AH's doctor told us both that this was one reason he should stop drinking and get into recovery (sleep apnea).

Glad to hear YOU and your husband are enjoying some of these "extras" from his recovery!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have heard from those that were tested foe sleep apnea and now wear the devise that they feel much better, rest better. Wish he would go.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
I have heard from those that were tested foe sleep apnea and now wear the devise that they feel much better, rest better. Wish he would go.

Me,too. My dad wears the devise and it helps....AH (reluctantly) and I went w/ dad to hear his doctor speak.. His own doctor said that his was most likely all alcohol-related. I believe that,too because the snoring lessed as the night went on. He was/is? a nightly drinker. He moved out so it does not keep me awake any more,so at least one of us is usually getting some sleep.

Glad some people on this board have chosen to get healthy!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lesee....

I don't get calls from strange women wanting to know why their husbands are running up huge phone bills calling my wife....

I can make ends meet, pay the rent, buy gas, and even have a little left over on _half_ what I was making when my ex-A-wife was spending it all ....

I don't have to drive her all over heck and gone cuz I'm afraid she'll smash up the car.

I don't have to keep house for _two_ adults.

I don't have to wonder what pills these are that I just found in the dryer, the fridge, the cupboard, the bathroom, the glove compartment.

I don't have to wonder what diseases I'll catch from her boyfriends.

I sleep the whole night long.

I work my regular 8 hrs and not once do I stress and worry about her.

I don't rush home after work wondering what new disaster I'll have to deal with.

I'm happy now.

Yup, I'm happy and grateful that one of us overcame the disease. Someday I hope to hear that she found recovery.

Mike
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Snoring... AHH, yes, I remember it all to well. I nudged him ,shoved him and rolled him. It was horrible. He thought I was over reacting(as usual) So I video'd him. I think he was even shocked. Tonight, going to bed I will have the whole bed to myself, I will watch what I want on t.v. and I will sprawl out across the bed. Maybe, I will be a rebel and I sleep on his side. Nah, I like mine better.. oh yeah,and NO SNORING!!!!!

What sleeping device are you talking about? I have never heard of it.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I believe the sleep device that quiets snoring husbands is referred to as a "mallet".
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When they were there did it seem as if they did some things on purpose just to get your goat?
Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
The girl with the broken smile

My husband and I use to have light fights. I wanted the light on in the den, he wanted it off. Like 2 children we would click on, off, on, off.

He is being a complete ass today. Told me that I should pray to release some of my pent up anger in the most condisending tone I have ever heard. That it was to beautiful of a day for him to get upset (he started it at 8:30AM this morning). Well, I cussed and then I prayed and viola! My attorney called me =) I'm going after the van now too since he sold my fathers car without my premission (company car) and did not even get the guy to sign an agreement that he would pay!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by free2be View Post
What sleeping device are you talking about? I have never heard of it.

Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Where do you get a CPAP? Only asking because my friend has a real issue with husbands snoring. I know he had surgery for it but, it did not work.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good for you- a lot of us here have told you and others--further down the road you will wonder why you waited so long.....I have NEVER felt like I made a mistake leaving my EAH---best thing I ever did--NO REFRETS here......enjoy
Old 03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by free2be View Post
Where do you get a CPAP? Only asking because my friend has a real issue with husbands snoring. I know he had surgery for it but, it did not work.

My dad got his from a doctor who specializes in sleep disorders. Check the regular doctor first; might know about them or who to see that does.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm with Desert Eyes,

I sleep the whole night long.
I nap ( probably cuz I am still recovering...but STILL i could never do that!!)
I wake up and my first waking moments are peaceful
I dont have to worry about what he's going to do when I go to work
I don't have to worry about what I will come home to
at first it really did feel like loneliness. Now the peace is bliss. 4 months