Notices

21 forever...young n stupid

Old 02-26-2007, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to SR!

This link has good info on alcoholism

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

I do hope you will find a way to move forward in life.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI Melly im new too!

Reading your story -well it was like me back at 21! i used cocaine too after progressing from weed! I was on it 2.5 yrs before i stopped cold turkey after an unfortunate incident that i dont want to get into.

Good on you though for having the power to see it, to understand it and to try correct yourself! Your still young and i bet so beautiful, u dont need it! i found the habit harder to kick then the actual addiction!

Im here when ever u want to talk! ATM im just on grog, but i dont know if im wat you call an alcoholic or not! i also use it to 'numb' myself!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Melly and welcome to SR. Here you will find the support you need to recover from your addictions. You will meet lots of great friends, you are not alone.

Keep posting and we are glad you are here.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome! i'm the mother of a 22 year daughter. she is 5 plus months clean and sober from alcohol and cocaine addiction. she went to rehab and now lives in a sober living house. she goes to aa and private counseling. she's met a lot of people her age at aa. aa keeps her accountable and focused on recovery.

she did hit a bottom, had a serious black out car accident. before that and her decision to beat her addiction, she tried many times to control or limit her drinking and drug use and was not successful.

she's a lot happier now, she feels she has her youth back. she has new friends and sober activities. she'll finish college next fall. she works part-time at a nice restaurant as a hostess. she stays out of bars..and away from her old using buddies. her relationships have really improved. she and i are friends again!

we (her family) are very proud of her.

good luck and keep posting! blessings, k

Last edited by parentrecovers; 02-26-2007 at 06:34 AM. Reason: sp
Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Melly!
Welcome to SR!! This place helps a ton, you will love it here! Keep posting and get to know everyone. Way to go on 2 days, your off to a good start!!
tj
Old 02-26-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Melly do you want the pain to stop?

There is a solution, you can find it in the rooms of AA & NA, I found sobriety and happiness in the rooms of AA after 40 years of drinking.

Keep in mind as you can see here already, you are not alone.

No one here is going to hate you because you work in a bar, you would not be the first recovered alcohllic to work in a bar, but you know as well as most folks do, that working in a bar does not increase your odds of getting straight.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you can do this.......just get all of the help you can......and it would be a good idea to get medical attention.....it's safer.......

good luck...

hugs
ayla
Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with Blood, I don't think one at a time would work for me either, but you gotta do what you think is best. Good Luck and remember we are here for you
Old 02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would strongly suggest a career move. I know the money may be good, but, trying to quit drinking and using in that kind of setting may be near to impossible. I wont say its impossible because im sure someones done it, but your handicapping the recovery process. In the long run, the quick buck isn't worth it.

Just my .02
Old 02-26-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well lets see I am 23 and I am a recovering crackhead, cokehead, and a little bit of Meth. Alcohol was never my thing my mom was a drunk so I never wanted to do it. Ive been a drug addict for 10 years. Thats a decade of my life that Ill never get back. During those 10 years I produced 2 kids, a collapsed lung, a cut throat and many other scars, an STD, 11 months incarcerated. So I guess I got alot to show for all I did now dont I? It took 10 years for me to realize that 1)addiction may be a disease but one thing I belive is it comes to ways you either say yes and you get high or you grow some balls and you say no to someone who offers cause there are more important people in your life that you should be trying to impress. 2)Coming off the drugs is only as bad as you want it to be, especially for the coke. after 3 days it is no longer in your blood, after that it is only your brain wanting it and this will be the point in which you find out what kind of person you really are. Do you give into the cravings and say you just cant take it or do you push it into the back of your head and if nothing else grab a coloring book and crayons and color your ass off, Lots of exercise is good too. Really think of yourself before the drugs...were you a push over? were you weak minded and easily swayed? or were you strong and knew what you wanted out of life at least if not for a moment? Whatever person you were is still in there crushed underneath all your choices and you can find here again. But like my good friend once said. Never say you want to get back to who you were. Because who you were cause you to be who you are now and put you in this position. You should look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself we are gonna go somewhere that we have never been. I will tell you one more thing before Im the one writing a book. Your mother will only except so many empty promises and giving chances. I know from experience. I thought no matter what she would always be there but guess what I have been clean from crack and coke and meth since Nov 3, 2005 and my mother cant even look at me. Because I drug her through the mud and broke her heart 1000000 too many times. It is possible to come off it all and becomes who you want to be. They say crack is the devil and you can never escape it.....If I can walk away from that you can walk away from this and one more thing when your walking make sure youre head is always up and proud.......
Old 02-27-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know what your going thru

I am 25 and was also a severe drug user. Somehow I managed to kick the drugs but am still working on the alcohol. From my personal experience every time I relapsed for cocain I was drunk and it just seemed like a good idea at the time. So you might want to consider that since your still drinking and working in a bar. I am less than 24 hours sober from drinking and am seriously considering going out and getting a bottle of vodka. So I guess everyone keeps saying take it one day at a time.