Notices

Back....again

Old 02-24-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back....again

It has been months since i have actually been able to drink. I get one chance to stay strong and i blew it big time. I went to celebrate with some co-workers at the house of one of the senior staff members who trained us. I brought some guiness and my friend brought some patron. There were 17 of us and and our families there. We started with beer, then the patron got opened, everyone was taking shots. Then a bottle of another kind of tequila gets passed around, everyone is taking shots. Next thing i know i am completely hammered. We left to go to a club to continue celebrating (yea we had designated drivers) and that was it. I don't remember much after getting to the club, but there i was again this morning checking my phone to see who i had called (luckily just one person), making sure i had everything i left with (lost my debit card), and checking online to see how much i spent ($50 on god knows what). I don't know moderation when i drink, i am a gulper and my glass is always full. I need some serious help......
Old 02-24-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back,

Oh yes, I remember those days of wondering what on earth I had said or done the night before, and trying to undo the messes I'd made. Awful!

You have come to the right place for information and support and I hope you keep posting.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome back.....i don't drink....but i understand addiction from my own experience......and i have woken up from drinking years ago.....not knowing what i had done...or even where i was.....

i'm glad you came back to us....you will find all of the help you need...
Old 02-24-2007, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome back to SR.

Oh yes, the dreaded phone. During my party time, the phone was a distraction. When someone called, I did not want to answer. I knew I would have slurring speech, and swear at whatever. Much worse, I would get telephoneitis! I called everyone under the sun. Next day, woke up and couldn't remember who I called, who called me, and no memory of what I said.

Keep coming here and posting.
We are here for you.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dragon76

Why do we do that?Why do we want to call people?I used to do that all the time!welcome back
Old 02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Been there!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Joi

Ah, the fond memories of the drunk calls. It still sends an torturous heat of shame through me upon recalling my actions. My mother kept her advice short and sweet. She said, "hon" (she called me hon). She said, "HON, no one ever choked to death on pride."
Old 02-24-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Red face

I can remember waking up one morning and seeing a folded paper towel with a bleach bottle on it. Since we had a dog that sometimes had accidents in the house, I figured she had peed on the carpet in the bedroom. When I asked my wife what had happend she uttered those eight words I had grown to hate, "Do you know what you did last night?" I said I didn't know what she meant (liar!!!). She informed me that in the wee hours of the morning after I got home from a night of drinking, she woke up to see my shadow standing in the middle of our bedroom just peeing away. I didn't even know I wasn't in the bathroom.

Fortunately, I haven't missed the toilet in quite some time.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you here again!

What is your new plan?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can totally relate. After many nights of me being out I get "do you remember what you did last night" or "do you remember what you said last night" from my friends. Its scary. Then I go through my phone wondering who I either texted or called.

Anyway congratulations on 1 day and keep it up!!