OMG - AH called to tell me "rules" for our "relationship"

Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OMG - AH called to tell me "rules" for our "relationship"

I thought I'd heard it all, but I got a call from AH this morning that was so far over the top I was almost speechless! "This is your house too. You can come and go as you please. You can come over any time you wish to use the computer or watch t.v. Maybe we could even watch a movie together. But we cannot discuss our relationship."

To which I replied, "What relationship? Get this straight: you have lost control and cannot tell me what I can or cannot do. As far as my coming or going, I'm doing the going rather than coming."

Jeesh - why not just pay me to be a live-in companion? What nerve! And what a l-o-s-e-r. This is supposed to be the "let's be friends or companions" speech. Talk about somebody who has lost touch with reality AND lost his mind!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

... will watch TV with me?
Just wondering.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

prodigal, arn't they just too cute, unbeliveable.

Hugs, It isn't fun.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sure, Mr. C. - I'd be happy to veg out in front of the tube with you any time! Yeah boy, I'm having more fun than a human being deserves right now! LOL!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Y'know Prod, you can come by my house anytime and watch TV too but you'll have to bring a laptop if you want to plug into the cable modem, 'kay? I'm online a lot. :P
Old 02-24-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Isn't it funny how they will try ANYTHING to keep us around---as long as it doesn't involve giving up their precious alcohol
Old 02-24-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sweetie, we talked about this last night. This is just more PROOF that you are not dealing with a rational individual. Let it go. You have your plan in place. Follow your plan.

And....................................GET TO A MEETING, rofl.

Luv and hugs,
Old 02-24-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, Laurie, you are entirely correct and I took your advice to heart. I am staying the course with my plan and I am NOT going over to that house to play "t.v. pals" or whatever this nutcase is blathering about. As you said, just picture a big old duck quacking!
Old 02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Can you avoid answering his calls altogether?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Haha..........sounds like my exAh. He told me a few weeks ago I was always welcome at his place any time.....?????????? He just divorced me!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

wait until he tells you what a good deal you're giving up....and you better wake up and smell the coffee before someone else snatches him up.

talk about speechless. all i could do was move my mouth like a fish outta water when my x told me that one. i'd open it. close it. open it again. utter a syllable. close it again. open it once more. finally said, yep, yer right darlin. i'm losing out big time on this one. it sure sucks to be me right now.

after i got over the shock and awe of it all in the beginning, i just plain felt sorry for him when he would say these things to me.....like he was just trying to mimic what he thought a sane disagreement would sound like. and he just couldn't pull it off.

you're probably gonna hear a whole lot of stuff, prod....he's gonna pull stuff outta his arse that you never thought possible. i went through stages with mine....shock and awe, mouth gaping, defending, explaining, arguing, screaming, shouting, pleading, reasoning, bargaining, crying......and at the end, god forgive me, i was just guffawing in his face like a jackass.

good luck, prod.....it's gonna get weirder.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This must mean that the dishes are piling up and the rug needs a vaccuuming.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

FD - I don't take his calls, but he leaves voicemails. On Monday, I'm going to my local Cingular store and have my cell number changed. That should take care of the problem.

You're killin' me, Mallow. Yep, the house is a pigstye but he lives like a pig in slop anyway so dirt doesn't bother him. Hey, why bother with a little dirt when you can run around with a notepad and pen making endless to-do lists. Funny ... "clean house" wasn't on that list. LOL!!!!! Yep, his key to sobriety is to see this half-a**ed counselor so he can get his "head on straight" (isn't that an oxymoron???) and not drink. No AA, mind you, but this idiocy. He'll be stinkin' drunk within two weeks. Anybody willing to place bets on a sure thing?

So far, the only thing he hasn't blamed me for is an ingrown toenail! Gee, Embraced, if this is just the tip of the iceberg of the insanity I'm in for, I'd better take extra vitamins in the morning. Frankly, I think changing my cell and staying in a hotel (he doesn't have a clue which one it is) will keep him from bothering me. Of course, when he's served with the divorce papers ....
Old 02-24-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

HAHAHAHAH__OMG this must be why I never remarried!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just thought of a good one---My ex AH who I haven't seen in 25 years---well they put him in jail for non support and he called me to ask me if I would bring him some'smokes'lol
Old 02-24-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Remarried? This is why I never married. And boy am I glad I didn't. I didn't have to give up a single asset when our relationship ended. I owned the home myself, came up with the down payment and closing costs, paid all the mortgage payments, bought all the furniture, owned all the cars myself.

Richard moved in two years ago with just the clothes on his back. When I asked him to leave, he asked, "how are we going to divide things?" I said, "divide what?" You arrived with just the clothes on your back, and that's what you'll be leaving with.

No assets lost. No attorneys needed. No divorce required.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Frizz, you're cheering me up too much! The nerve ... well, it isn't nerve it's demented thinking that gives them the cajones to do and say such outrageous crap. FD - smart woman. However, I didn't play it entirely dumb. I wanted to divorce him two years ago until I found out I would get zero in Maryland. However, Arizona is a community property state. I have zilch, but I am entitled to half of what he earned during our marriage, a percentage of his government pension, half the equity in the house and motorhome and he'll have to buy me out for my half of his pickup truck. We also own a jetski and I will get half the proceeds from its sale.

I survived and my shrink told me for all the he** I've been put through, I was smart to wait until I got to Arizona to file. Yep, made sure my name was on the title to that house!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

did you ask him what part of his clothes he was going to divide with you???

that sounds just like my x....when he moved in, he had everything he owned in two big black trash bags. when he left, he had the coconuts to ask me for half of everything. i handed him one black trash bag with his clothes in it.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good job prodigal---see you have to have a plan!!!!--running right out the door is not always the best thing to do---you have to have a goal...I am the same now as you--I had a longtime boyfriend a while ago and I knew if we ever split he was leaving with nothing but the clothes on his back---you have to take care of yourself first.....
Old 02-24-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ah, no I didn't because:

(1) They weren't my size (he was skinnier than me)
(2) He had a tendency to pee in them
(3) As his disease progressed, he had a tendency to poop in them as well