Notices

I think this is what to do??

Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think this is what to do??

I am not only new to recovery but message boards too. i am just looking for help and support anywhere I can get it. I have been married 13 yrs and have 2 children 9 and 7. and am now at the point of desperation as my husband now has thought of divorcing me. talk about being in denile of ho bad things are. i don't really know where even to start but I just spent an hour reading post and for some reason I felt a tiny bit better so I thought i would join.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome !

Keep reading. Stick around.

Hey, you're not tooo far from me ! Only 100 miles or so.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're here.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

You will find lots of great info here, and the caring and support of members will keep you motivated.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello h4lov909 and welcome.
Glad that you have decided to join us.
Keep posting & reading it will help in your recovery.

chris
Old 02-22-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dubs here again.

Welcome from me too. I am a newbie as well.

Keep the focus only on today. That's what I am doing. Just today. Or if that is too long, just the next hour or minute. I am going to concentrate on getting through lunch. That is all I am going to do. Nothing else. No other distractions except the ones that help me in my goal.

Cravings go after 7 minutes. It helps if I wait and drink something else. I have been drinking massive amounts of anything without alcohol in it.

Every day we are sober is a huge triumph.

You are not alone. Let's do this together. When we stick together, it is much easier.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Welcome to our Canadian neighbors...and all others, too. No matter where we call home, we have one common denominator: ALCOHOLISM! And, only one way to overcome the disease: TOTAL ABSTINENCE! I personally recommend AA as a support system; but, I'm aware that others have been successful through other means. Whatever it takes...just do it!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well i am leaving work time to pick up the kids i have several sours of being busy i will be fine then but my husband leaves for work and im alone and think of drinkink so i may try to come back on maybee that will help
Old 02-22-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hia h4, try to get back on SR when you can .I have found it an invalueable tool in my recovery.
Take care till then
chris
Old 02-22-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

AA is the way I use to stay sober.
Have you considered trying it?

Blessings to you and your family
Old 02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i would love to try aa or something but i also suffer from depression and my husband does not want me going to a docotr its all in my head just get over it type thing
Old 02-22-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

AA works.

A doctor is good to see if you'll be going through withdraw. Aside from that, there is no magic pill to make you stop.

I suffered from depression and anxiety too. These all but disappeared once I was sober.

Keep coming back.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

h4,you should realy try to get to an AA meeting,you will find a friendly welcome waiting for you.Also AA will help you to understand what you are going through at the moment and give you the tools needed for recovery.But h4 there is only one person that you can recover for and that is yourself.Your depression is simply that, your depression and as such the choice to visit a doctor is yours not anybody elses.While you are there it would also be a good idea to mention your desire to stop drinking as well.

Recovery is yours for the taking!
chris
Old 02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi, welcome to SR, you have found a wealth of info and support.
do you have any questions, go ahead and ask.
About what you said.
Originally Posted by h4lov909 View Post
i would love to try aa or something but i also suffer from depression and my husband does not want me going to a docotr its all in my head just get over it type thing
What do you want, I don't know how or if you have a drinking problem, only you can answer that. I can however direct you to exerpts from the best know book of alcoholism.

Read some of the exerpts, it will probably be a good start.
And on a personal note. If you are alcoholic, it is highly reccomended to see a doctor about detoxing...
Best wishes, hope3
Heres the link:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html
Old 02-22-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

does anybody else have little panic attacks maybee the wrong word for it just constant feeling of nervousness sick stomach type thing/ and want to sleep all the time its like if i can't drink i don't want to be awake
Old 02-22-2007, 04:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

does anybody else have little panic attacks maybee the wrong word for it just constant feeling of nervousness sick stomach type thing/ and want to sleep all the time its like if i can't drink i don't want to be awake
Do you mean a vague feeling of impending doom ? Nope, never did

Yes, all the time when I was drinking. I'd wake at 4:30 AM, if I didn't take one of my wifes valium, or take a drink, it was unbearable.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi h4!!
Welcome to SR! I'm glad you found us. I felt that way, yes. I considered beer my best friend, and would go through hell or high water to get it. Or if I even started running low on beer, It was a flippin emergency!!
Hey, keep writing and reading on here. Stick with us. You will get tons of great advice.
tj
Old 02-22-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi 909,
I'm new, too. Today I called the psychiatrist I've seen once and told him about my pain pills and asked for help. It looks like I'm going to rehab.
You're not alone. Desperation goes down better with company. Consider me company.
Summerpup
Old 02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome, you have made a great choice by jumping in here!

does anybody else have little panic attacks maybe the wrong word for it just constant feeling of nervousness sick stomach type thing/ and want to sleep all the time its like if i can't drink i don't want to be awake
I was noticing similar stuff right before I quit drinking, I was also finding myself depressed often. I'll be sober 8 months on the first and aside from some ups and downs I am feel ing sooo much better.

.... I must warn you... this site can become addictive... stop on by the Mommies thread... we'll help get you through this...

Oh yeah almost forgot... divorce was on my horizon too
Old 02-22-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

welcome! you will find so much support here! please stop by the mommie thread....it's also in newcomers.....you will find women who know exactly what you are going through.......

i'm glad you found this place.....i love it here....