Notices

Attempting 12-step work

Old 02-20-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

Attempting 12-step work

i got a call from my program friend at work today. she had been to a meeting yesterday and met a kid struggling with heroin addiction. afterwards she told him that she knew someone good to talk to (suprisingly me!) and got his number. she gave it to me and i called him up. he's on day 1 today and we made plans to meet at my 8pm meeting. he called around 7:45 to say he wouldnt be making it but sounded like he wanted to meet up and talk tommorow or thursday. not sure what will come of it but i would LOVE to be his temporary sponser until he finds somebody permanent. very excited about this possibility but trying hard to keep my expectations minimal. this is what ive been working for this whole time...possibly showing somebody the path to recovery that was shown to me by my sponser. wish me luck!!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had the same thing happen with an alkie. He called district office, but declined to go to a meeting the first couple of times.

I eventually got him to some meetings, and he calls almost daily. I guess I'm a temp sponsor. Even though he's had 2 slips, his attitude seems pretty good.

Good Luck and God Bless. Give away what has been so freely given to you !