Notices

21 Months

Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Smile 21 Months

today and I feel like celebrating the fact I am at work so can't type much.

21 Months of freedom from being locked in by my dis ease and being at Deaths door and living in dread and doom.

To being in the light and facing life straight on, with all my friends, my sponsor and (((((God))))) with whom I have a good connection these days rather than teh sick coonnection I had 21 Months ago.

Keep on coming back, I shall.

Kevin
Old 02-20-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratuions Kevin!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

21 months, holy cow, WAY TO GO Nogard!!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

21 months...thats incredible. it gives people with less time so much hope to hear that. thank you for letting us know its inspiring. congrats!!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicago View Post
it gives people with less time so much hope to hear that.

It sure does!!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

Nogard:

I don't know you but, 21 months is so frigging outstanding. Congratualtions on accomplishing, what, for me, seems truly impossible.

Waldo
Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thumbs up

21 months is like... almost 2 years! Way to go and thank you for being such a positive member here. I always look foward to clicking on one of your threads.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yeah its possible Many things are one day at a time, thats how I did it and thats how I still do it. I keep very close to my program, the fellowship and God.

Kevin
Old 02-20-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

love ya, kev.....i'm proud as hell right now....good job, bud....

love and hugs,
ayla
Old 02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

thanks Ayla
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Hey Kevin

That is great and just think... next month you will have enough recovery the size of a baby elephant.

The elephant's gestation period is 22 months.

Way to go.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

lol (((((best))))) that is HUGE
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hope3

Well Kevin, happy 21 months of living. I now commence the Kevin's toast & Roast to begin!

We have smilie singing to kev: Your to sexy for your shirt, to sexy for your shirt, whats you think about that? (from the movie grumpier old men).

Also any appropriate celebration deserves only the best OJ.

Congrats Kev, I raise my orange juice glass in honor of you and all the great wisdom and advise you have shared here at SR.

You know, Advice like "Pfffffffffft"

And also some great tips: Hazards of living Alone in Recovery

I want to look as good as I can in recovery, so this morning I decided to Trim my eyebrows! I quickly realised that I would need my glasses on to do this and of course with glasses on its impossible.

Ok thats enough Roasting. Seriously Kevin, you deserve all the best, so take itand leave the rest..

Really folks, heres Kevins last 5 months post, at 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20.

16 Months - Its About You

Today is 16 Months clean and Sober for me. That’s great that’s 16 Months of Freedom, 16 Months of an actual Life, yes including the up and downs struggles and joys, I have discovered that's what life is about.

I have days when I am crazy still and occasions when I think of drinking, but I also have the support and tools I found here and in my program.

My program has taken me so far from a wreck drinking as much as I could every day until I could not feel or until I was unconscious, through the early physical withdrawals, the depression, the fear, the anger, the full range of emotions plus the financial chaos the harm I had done myself my family, my friends and others both near and far.

It was not always easy dealing with reality as It was presented to me, but by staying Sober one day at a time and learning to ask for help and sticking to my program which is for me; praying, reading meetings (lots) and talking to other members. Doing this I have been able to stay clean and sober, get back a good relationship with my daughter, get good work, get my out of control finances in order, work on all the other aspects of life as they come up.

I no longer wake up in my own filth in the morning, instead I wake up and say hi to a God of my understanding and my feet hit the floor, my head is clear and there is no fear in my heart.

How good is that? I feel content at times and yet I am told by those who know that It keeps getting better 

If you struggling or your New here then hang on it is so worth it.

To all of you who use SR, my Love and thanks and for those who have held me and still do my Love and my friendship.

Kevin

17 Months ago, my mind was not flitting anywhere it was in the depths of my active disease. I came too on Saturday 21st May 2005 with a viscous hangover, I had peed the bed again, I could not remember all that had happened last night and the room moved on its own as I tried to stand up. So I crawled across the wooden floor and put kettle on and cried as I tried to make a coffee. That was the day I quit drinking came to SR and started going to AA and NA.

It has not always been easy and is currently very trying as I face life on lifes terms but I grow because I do this. The program I use is simple and I try to keep it simple too. I talk to my HP a lot, go to meetings, they help keep me sane and on track as well as give me the oppurtunity to share with others. I read AA/NA literature every day and I have a sponsor.

I enjoy not peeing and pooing myself, I enjoy knowing that I am an addict and that the remedy is to not pick up the first drug or drink for one day.

From that, after 17 Months, I have a life again and much of it is new, all of it is fantastic. I have more friends than I ever had, I am no longer that creature cringing on the floor in the corner with a bottle in my fist, I have great work and currently have a few good job offers as I need to change jobs, my financial situation is not only under control but I have bit into a the monster credit card debt I bought into and have paid all other debts.

My relationship with my 20 year old daughter is magic again, she phones me for advice and comes to see me for no particular reason at all, we used to be inseperable when she was young and we have that closeness again. My relationship with others is also good, I have to work on myself constantly and remember not to take over but to only do my HP's will for me.

I am a "work in progress" and probably will be until I die at a very old age I hope

Take heart if your on your first few days or just looking at quitting, its very much possible to quit and to build a good strong life.

The best time for me is always the mornings, I love them and its so good to wake up feeling alive and free able to hear see and smell everything and ready for whatever the day brings.

Kevin

Month #18 More from the dragon

1.5 Years, 18 Months, 549 Days.

When I first put down the booze, I was just pleased to be sober, to be able to move around and do little things like wash and eat. Then I found AA or rather AA found me I now see and my life started to blossom.

Its 18 Months today and I am aware that I have many things yet to do, I am taking them one step at a time and enjoying the journey.

If your new or struggling n recovery, hold my hand I struggle often but stay clean and sober by not picking up, doing meetings and slowly doing the steps. Mostly I stay clean through my growing relationship with my Higher Power. I feel it so acutely now when I turn away and head back to the madness of my disease.

So Today I am grateful and celebrating by telling other members of this milestone and of the miracle of recovery, no more obsession and no more compulsion it has been removed, I don’t remember when, but at same point it was no longer part of my life.

I work full time and actually turn up to work these days 
I laugh a lot
I spend a lot of time with members
My phone bill is silly but its small compared to what I used to spend
I like myself more and more as time passes.

My days are usually a combination of struggle with some aspect of recovery and at the same time alive and vibrant in recovery, that’s just how it is for me and that’s good because I know I am learning and progressing.

More than anything I wish I could show the Newcomers how good this life is, but all I can do is continue with my recovery.

As Rusty says

Give only Love.

Kevin

Month #19 Anything is possible

and if we persevere recovery is probable.

Today is 19 months for me and I thought it was timely to say to those of you who are new or struggling just hang in there one day at a time and keep talking to your peers about what is going on with you.

I am often content these days and rarely in a big mess or drama. On these days I have everything I can possible need as which is really my HP, my program my friends and at alst a glimmer of my true self.

I continue along this journey or life ready to accept each day as it is and I keep very close to my program.

Kevin

Month #20
Even after 20 months, I am aware that this dis ease is there, waiting, doing push ups, getting stronger. I can't afford to ignore my disease or become complacent, so I wake up, talk to God, read some literature, go to meetings, talk to my sponsor and other members.
Still best from Day one of recovery for me, is waking up in the morning, with a clear head and a light heart, dancing and singing.
Remember recovery requires a change of attitude and daily action.

Thank-you Kevin, you have inspired me more than you'll ever know.
P.S. Did you see the leggs Ayla showed you on the other post? woo-hoo
Love ya kev.......((((Sharon))))
Old 02-20-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hope, that's a hard act to follow

Congrats anyway Kevin!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats

Way to go!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks everyone

hope wow, I enjoyed reading that, its as though someone else wrote it, but it was me!

Thank you and I am glad I touched you.

Kevin
PS Recovery does rock, hold on when its tough and hold on when its not.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome creekrider

I wish you evrything wonderful and its all there in front of us.

Kevin
Old 02-20-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well done Nogard, it's very inspiring to us who are just starting out to see it can be done.
Keep strong!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

High Five to ya Kev....

With all that positve work...im hungry now

Let's eat and rock n'roll

Way to go Kev.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

you are a daily inspiration to me, kev!

love you!