Welcome, Bjen - please start a post about your situation

Old 02-17-2007, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Welcome, Bjen - please start a post about your situation

Melodie Beattie, who wrote "Codependent No More" discusses why it is so hard to let go: to let go of our hopes and dreams are the most painful things we can release. You went into the relationship with the hope of growing old together, of loyalty, respect, and so many other ingredients that make for a true loving, lasting relationship.

You can't have it with an active addict. Bjen, believe me when I tell you that you will always run a distant second to the bottle. You deserve to be treated with respect. Start by refusing this treatment. Take it from someone who swallowed it for a lot of years. Love yourself. Respect yourself. Do NOT compromise your values. I doubt there is anyone on this board who actually hates the A who is, or has been, in their lives. As long as they are using, you have to maintain a distance or get sucked up in the craziness.

Please start a new post. It's getting late here in Arizona - 11 pm. More folks will be around tomorrow. Vent all you like. We are here to listen and support you.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

It is so nice to have so many people who truly understand