Notices

That Friday Feeling

Old 02-16-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry That Friday Feeling

Almost 2pm here on Friday and Im so wound up. This will be my first weekend, last weekend was such a nightmare that I decided to stop everything.

All my friends keep calling, texting and emailing being unsupportive, they cant believe I wont come out drinking with them - even though they all witnessed last weekends craziness.

Feel like a ball of nerves, body is expecting plenty of beers as its Friday and I feel like Im having an anxiety attack & Im picking fights with my husband.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand your concern about getting through the weekend. For me, I had to make big changes in my life to get and stay sober. And, that included removing people from my life who were not good for me. I would suggest that you don't take the calls and ignore the texts and emails. Change your address if necessary to get through this. People who don't understand are, in my opinion, impossible to handle, early on in sobriety.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i know when my daughter decided to quit drinking, she had to walk away from many of her friends - they just don't understand her new way of thinking. she goes to aa and has met new folks there who socialize and offer support. blessings, k
Old 02-16-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hubby and I are both trying this and its hard cuz we both have a problem and one of us always talks the other into 'just one'. He wont budge this time and I know Im picking fights with him to get my way.

What am I supposed to do with a whole entire weekend. Ive had so much sleep this week that Im a ball of nervous energy. Hate this feeling.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is when I knew I needed to change my routines and plan, plan, plan. I had to be doing very different things than I was used to doing and it worked for me. But, don't leave it to chance. Plan something - go for a long walk, go to a movie you want to see, whatever you can to take your mind of things for a few minutes.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yankeedoodle- try and stay busy at meetings this weekend. my first weekend without drink was real nervewrecking. I tried to fill my time with other stuff: reading, meetings, naps... turn that phone off.