Compassion, Pain and Meaning of Life

Old 02-09-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Compassion, Pain and Meaning of Life

I've been hanging out with my one and only friend around here, he is going through the pains of divorce and this is the first time I've seen the war of divorce hit home so close to me. I never seen it first hand, and this is from a family who I used to share dinners with, been together 15 years and have two most beautiful and unique children in the world. I see the pains of my friend and it hits home to remind me of my times of pain but his is unbearably so much more I could never imagine going through such a war against the person you loved so long and built up their everything together.

As Gelfling said to me, there is always his side, her side and the truth... I am not going to try to side with anybody, but I can tell you I know he would give up the world to try again, if at least just for the kids, as they ultimately suffer the most in this battle.

I feel so much sadness for him, and when I read threads on this forum, it hits home and I feel everyones very sad pain and I have learned over the year and a half of when I've been recoverying, I've learned COMPASSION.

Its so beautiful and such a amazing thing to gain, but its so very sad and heart breaking but I am not cold stone rock heart anymore and if I could takea way my friends pain and every one of yours and mine with it, if there was something I could do or sacrifice, I would be willing to die for it.

I know so many are going through ever lasting suffering, I just wanted to say your all in my heart and I believe the prayers of this forum will move peoples lives and save us all!!!!

Have a great weekend all, and loves always...
Old 02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Royalty

My friend just called me this week, to ask questions about divorce. Sucks to be the "expert" on something horrible. I would rather answer questions about chicken pox or breastfeeding! There are no winners in a divorce, and the kids end up being the biggest losers. Very sad.

How have you lived in this country (and especially CA) and not been effected by a divorce? It seems they are everywhere now-a-days. At least the divorcee's have a good friend to rely on, kudos.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HolyQow, yeah, I think it is everywhere. I just dont have that many friends cause I work a holic hahaa Plus most my friends havent married or JUST barely got married the ones I do keep in touch with but they dont live around here.

Anyhow, thanks for listening, best to you