Small step for me.....

Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small step for me.....

Last night I was invited to a soup dinner by a co-worker at her church. I tried to get out of it, but ended up going and glad I did. I turned my cell phone off and put it in my coat pocket.

AH had called 3 times and finally left a sarcastic message......I was sooo proud that I did not respond and did not let him bother me. (the night before he had called and upset me so bad I could not sleep).

I called a divorce lawyer yesterday too. I have not told AH yet. Don't really know how. I still have a few things at our house so I need to get them. Probably take my sister with me.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

Yay for lilac! (((hugs)))
Old 02-09-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, Lilac. Take control of our own lives is empowering.

No need to share on the divorce attorney until you are ready. I took about six weeks to get my (non quacking) ducks in a row.

Take care.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm just curious. Why do you have to tell your AH that you "saw" a divorce lawyer?
Old 02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You did good Lilac.

I too found that when I started getting out and living - I was grateful even when I didn't really want to go in the beginning. If you're like me, you have probably spent alot of time in seclusion and it seems odd to be out in the social real world again. But I applaud you for actually going - and the bonus is that you had a good time. I hope this will be a reminder to you in future times of invites that you can have an enjoyable life.

While I understand that you feel that you should tell your AH about seeing a lawyer, there is no law or reason you'd have to do so. Especially since this is just a first time consult. Give yourself the gift of doing what you need to do without him interfering or starting up his games (of guilting, manipulating, hurting you, etc).

Live your life for YOU Lilac.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((lilac))))))

i can almost see your wings growing......cause your gonna fly someday real soon.....

and we can fly. fly away from all the madness. and fly right into the healthiness of recovery.

i've got ya on the radar, lilac.

love to you