Notices

different addictions

Old 02-08-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

different addictions

ive been posting here for a couple weeks now, and i love it- im glad i found it. everybody has so much support to offer. but i notice that a lot of people on here have/had pill addictions. im addictted to crack cocaine, and although i know addiction is addiction. its harder for me to relate to pills. id like to find someone who knows that extreme pull crack gets on you. i need help dealing with my feelings. im ready to be clean and sober. i dont enjoy doing it, i dont ever want to do it, i just find myself doing it every now and again. im definatley in better shape then i was at this time last year. ive only done it the past 3 fridays (going into saturday). i have no desire to do it during the week. its just when the weekend comes and ihave money- when i have money. something inside me says, your a good girl all week and you got a stack of money, so why not jus spend some of it and get high. for you fellow crack addicts, you never spend just some of it. you spend ALL of it, and then some. i jus need to power to be strong when i have money in my pocket. and tips or techniques. or.. anything. any words of wisdom would be appreciated
Old 02-08-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

I don't know if you've ever heard the expression " Cocaine addiction is God's way of telling you you've got too much money" or not but it seems to apply to your post.

I began as an occasional user of coke and then crack nearly 30 years ago... a couple of years later I was a daily user. I used daily for more than 10 years. Now that I don't use I have a much more interesting and fun life... not to mention a lot more money. But I know how difficult it is for younger people to understand that, if they're lucky, they will get older and they will have problems with their lungs, central nervous system and hardening of the liver due to drinking and the ammonia and other solvents involved in making crack cocaine...

Party on kid, but one day the chickens WILL come home to roost.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Addiction is addiction. I quit smoking cigs, but let me tell you the first few tries, when payday came around I heard the EXACT same things from inside my head.
when i have money. something inside me says, your a good girl all week and you got a stack of money, so why not jus spend some of it
That is when I now tell that voice "hell no". Otherwise, I start and once I have started I loose my ability to stop.