Notices

How Bad?

Old 02-04-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Today

How Bad?

Okay, here I go. I drink a minimum of 1 bottle of wine per day. Usually 2 days a week, I drink 2 bottles per day. Some days 1 1/2 bottles per day. I know I have a problem and need to knock it off. It is expensive(I like the good stuff), it is ruining my health and my husband says I am getting mean. I believe my husband is getting very, very unhappy with me. I am arranging my life around when I can have a glass of wine. I have been a heavy drinker my entire adult life (I am 42), but the last 2 years have gotten bad

I am happy to have found this forum. I think this format will help as I really enjoy forum chat, especially the ones that use the vBulletin system.

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Laroblo & welcome
What you have come to realise as we all did is that alcohol is arranging your life for you! not the other way round.But now that you found that out you can start on the road to recovery,one day at a time.Keep reading & posting and think about getting on a programe and believe you can quit !
Old 02-04-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Today

Thanks Chris -
I figure I gotta start somewhere, sometime.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So hows about right here right now,no time like the present.Its not going to be easy but to get cured of any illness dont happen overnight !
Old 02-04-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi...Congratulations on seeking sobriety!

Here is my suggestion...find info on the disease of alcoholism.

My favorite resource on alcoholism is
"Under The Influence"
and it has a sequel..."Beyond The Influence"

Both can be ordered from Amazon.

We also have excerpts from "Under"
Please click
1. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

Take care...keep posting...ask questions
Old 02-04-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations Laroblo and welcome to the forum. You will get a lot of support here, but this is not the program of A.A. Get yourself a sponsor and get into action and watch how wonderful your life can be...well...because you deserve it.

Take Care and God Bless
Old 02-05-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome laroblo! keep posting! sending you encouragement, k
Old 02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Today

Thumbs up Thanks Everyone

I have spent a lot of time reading the threads since my original post just this past Sunday - and Boy Have I Learned A Lot

I have cut my drinking back at least 95%. Looking back at the original post, I was not entirely honest. I was probably drinking a little more wine than I said, and I left out the beer. Beer was not an everyday thing, but some days it went hand and hand with the wine. And then on the weekends (if it was a "hobby" weekend) the day would start with mimosas, progress to at least 6 to 8 beers and continue on with a large quantity of wine (bottles). This would all start at about 8:30 and end around 9pm. My staying power is as much embarrassing as it is amazing. Now that I see this written in black and white, even I am shocked! For a 5'2", petite female to still be standing after that much alcohol, I must be truly pickled.

I am pretty sure my obnoxious level was higher than I thought too. Like I said before, according to my husband, my nasty level went up with every glass of wine past about 7 pm.

Thanks to everyone that has posted the nutritional advice and the little tips to curb the cravings - they work!!

I have turned a friend onto your site and I hope she gets as much out of this forum as am.

I am gonna go get a glass of OJ, on the rocks and keep on reading!!

Thanks again everyone!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Laroblo -

All that "arranging your life" gets tiring. It was my catalyst for quitting!

I'm on Day 7 and loving sober life. I started by cutting WAY back for 2 weeks prior to quitting, eating correctly, and lots of supplements.

Get some face to face support as well!

TinLizzy
Old 02-07-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Laroblo,

If an alcoholic tells you they're drinking 4 drinks a day, it's really 8 We've all done it, so don't feel bad.

I have cut my drinking back at least 95%
If you be alcoholic, this won't always be the case.

Read some more here, see what appeals to you. I've found AA was my saving grace. Perhaps you should look into it.

Oh, and "Under the Influence" is a real eye opener.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Today

Thanks Glass P - Today I cut back by 100%. Of course, I may need to by stock in Diet Coke and an orange juice company. I did not sleep well last night, but I am going to continue. Even with a lack of sleep 2 nights in a row, once I get going, my energy level is so much higher.

My husband and friends are being very supportive. Can't wait until tommorrow.