One Beer

Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

One Beer

Hi,

I always try to chuckle at the ridiculous things A's do and think they can get away with it (sure beats getting mad at it). My AH has to undergo a medical procedure next week and he's not supposed to take any medication (including alcohol) the week prior. Last night, after a particularly bad day, he comes home and tells me he bought "a beer" because "one beer" won't hurt. I said "OK". He opened the "one beer", a 24 oz. Budweiser. Maybe he tells the truth when he's got a buzz on and tells me he only had "two quick beers." If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

QT
Old 02-02-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad you can laugh, with me it was easy to give up drink as I was high bottom binge drinker, didn't drink daily or crave. Just 2nd or 3rd would tip me over and I would drink all night.

Same way with home made fudge, I cannot allow it in my house.

Now my smoking is different, if I have to have surgery and told to quit the cig, forget it. I can't do it. If the next one is going to kill me and I know it, I will smoke it. (Thats real addiction)
I hope he is careful and that was his last one. You are right, won't do a bit of good to disagree with them.
Keep us posted I want him to have his surgery, with no problems.
Caring Hugs to you both.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Many many years ago my AH would say he only had "two". I never knew if that was as high as he could count or as far back as he could remember! LOL

~GHM
Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Godhelpme View Post
Many many years ago my AH would say he only had "two". I never knew if that was as high as he could count or as far back as he could remember! LOL

~GHM

Old 02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Royalty

My AHs Beer are just like his lies....they just keep getting bigger and bigger.
You know beer comes in 40 oz too ? I have seen many of these sitting around the garage......he only had one or two ! lol

It really doesn't matter to me how many, it's all about his demeener.....the more he drinks, de meaner he gets.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep, the 'ole 40 oz., gotta love it (yeah, right)
Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i did something like this with a chocolate pie one time. my hubs eyeballed it when he left for work. there was one half pie left. i knew what the "eyeball" meant....he was measuring it, to see how much i would eat during the day.

well, i love chocolate pie. i was on a diet. so i cut just a sliver. and another one, and another one. and pretty soon, the pie was gone.

so i went to the bakery and bought another one, and got to eat another whole half of a pie. and he came home to a half pie that he left, and said good job, sweety, as he patted my plump rump.