Notices

6 Days In.. When is this spaciness going to go away?

Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 Days In.. When is this spaciness going to go away?

Hi all... I'm 6 days sober today. I am sooo spacey. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a brain tumor or something. I need you all to tell me I'm ok... or not!

The thing is, I didn't drink everyday. I drank 3-5 times a week. Heavily in the evenings after work. For years. The hangovers were getting worse and worse. The days I didn't drink was only because I was too hung over and had no desire for it. As soon as I felt better I wanted to drink again. So here I am, 6 days of sobriety, working on making it for good. I didn't go through any physical withdrawls, just some psychological in the past couple of days. But I've been soooo spacey!! More so then when I was hungover. What's up with that??
Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days! I haven't personally felt that "spaciness", but my bf has mentioned time and time again that he feels "loopy" when he goes a day or two without. For him, it just convinces him to drink again unfortunately. He says "See? I feel worse than I do when I'm hungover!" I have a theory that the spaciness will eventually go away...please prove me right! LOL
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Have you heard of PAWS?

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

Well done on your sober time!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you should be so proud of yourself! six days is awesome...
i personally did not drink, pills were my thing....but i would give your body time to heal itself.....it just takes time.....good luck, and congratulations....
Old 02-02-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lurker

I have heard, and read that some times it takes up to a year for your mind to cpompletely clear up. As much I have been known to drink that might be aconservitive quess. Any way con grats on 6 days. Keep going I promiss it get much better very soon.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome, dori!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by lostmdboy View Post
I have heard, and read that some times it takes up to a year for your mind to completely clear up.
And for some it takes longer than others, we're just sicker;-) It also takes dedication to sobriety and hard work to get that fog to lift. For me, it felt like my brain was full of cobwebs.

Dori, if you stick with it clear thinking and sanity will return, but if you choose to drink again it never will. Congratulations on your 6 days. It gets better, one day at a time.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone who responded to me. It's really appreciated. And thanks Carol about the PAWS thing. I read the entire article. Very enlightning.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days Dori!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

Congrats on the 6 days I am actually finally at 84 days pills were my cup of tea for too long. After 8 years and the amount of money I spent damn. I have had so much more money it is honestly unbelievable. Congrats Dori
Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The spaceyness is your body recovering.
I got some good advice to take some good vits for the first month or so, especially B vits - they're the ones they sell to pregnant women...! ?
Look after yourself, your body is feelin strange without the booze!!!!!

Keep it real my friend, this is YOU sober and ENJOY it!!!!!! Your life starts here - dont f**k it up again.

In six months you'll look back and be so glad you did this. (but in about three weeks, you'll have got bored of sleeping like a baby again...)

Fill the hole alcohol drilled into your life with new stuff. Chart when you were drinking and do other stuff - that witching hour?
I'm a saddo; I have an Excel spreadsheet now for what to do after I finish work. You have to work at this for a little while before you get the HUGE PAY-BACK of not drinking. GYM, SUPERMARKET, CINEMA (any film, as long as it's not a girlie one), WALK A MILE FROM A TO B, VISIT A CHURCH.

This is serious **** amigo - it's worth the work.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I had it, don't worry about it. Trust me! It goes, i went through all sorts and now i'm 3 years clean! I drank like you, very similar, maybe more excessively.
Keep it up, as hard as it might get, it's oh so worth it. Any advice, just ask, what ever it is. Take care.
Spangle
Old 02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thankyou Nogard

I'm a bit of a dark horse as i've been on here before but not maybe not enough. I feel a compulsion to stay this time. I still have issues and problems i will no doubt bring up soon.
Question: Pernell was my insite and is the wisest of the wise. Does he no longer frequent this forum?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Spangle, quick answer is I dunno. Not another dark horse on SR .....

Kevin
Old 02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Post Hmm i hope not

Pernell Johnson is or was Forum Leader. Like i say it's been a while since i've been on here. His best post is "Merry-go-round" in the archives (Best of SR).
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

OK well, I am sure others can tell you more. There are many other people here so why not browse around or ask ?'s.

Kevin
Old 02-02-2007, 09:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm about 100 days in. The fog has lifted for the most part, but I still get Brain Farts
Old 02-03-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

almost four years live'n right... stil spacey at times... its shure way better then when...

ha, brain farts... me too... right out'a the blue...

dori, welcome to recovery.. you can do it...

and pernell is real busy... he posted awhile back... thats all i gots...

all good wishes dori!

xxoo, rz
Old 02-07-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Back Again...

Well I fell off the wagon Saturday and Sunday. It was the weirdest thing. I woke up Saturday morning feeling strong and confident that I would not drink. I wrote in my journal, worked out, etc. Quite often on Saturday, I would go down to the local "watering hole" and drink and ******** with my friends for a while. It's a small town where you can walk into the bar and eveyone knows everyone.

Out of know where, that little demon jumped on my shoulder and said, "Oh, let's just go down for a couple". It'll be fine. No big deal. Wow, where did that voice come from. What happened to that other voice that was in my head just an hour before, that was convinced that I should never drink again!? How does my thoughts turnaround so completely and so quickly??

So I got **** faced drunk Saturday and then again Sunday afternoon. Then I woke up Monday morning wondering what the hell happened to my very strong resolve of less than a week ago?? I keep doing this. How do I get past this point?