Notices

Newcomer here...

Old 01-30-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wife of acoholic and addict

Newcomer here...

Hi, my name is Leslie and my husband is an alcoholic and cocaine addict. (He was in rehab for two weeks Jan 11th till Jan 26th, and I attended all the family services there) They strongly suggested that I go to Al-Anon or Nar-Anon meeting in my area but they are all so far so I decided to join this.

He seem very comitted to his recovery (this time) and has been attending AA meeting every night since he has been home. He is now in an out-patient program and seems to like it.

I guess I just need some advice for dealing with all of this. I have believed and trusted him so many times in the past that I don't want to be dissappointed again. He hit "rock bottom" on Jan 5 after a two day binge when he was missing for two days drinking and partying with his friends. That was my breaking point and I told him I was leaving and starting packing and looking for a new place to live. (we have one daughter together and I have three older children from a previous marriage)

He decided to make the call himself this time instead of me and other family members doing it for him. I told him he was on his own this time and has to get better for himself not me, but I did promise to be supportive and attend the family meetings to get more information on his disease so that I could be more understanding.

Well so far so good but I am still very scared. He has told me that he will not promise me that he will never use again- he will just show me every day and stay sober every day. One day at a time.

Thank you for listening and I welcome any advice.

Leslie
Old 01-30-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hello Leslie,

Welcome!

It might be a good idea to check out the Friends and Families forums on this board, where you'll find lots of support.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Leslie. I am fairly new here too. I've been logging on for about a month and started al-anon about a week after I started on here. These people are great. I would not have realized how much love can be felt through something like the internet until I came here. Hope you keep coming back.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wife of acoholic and addict

Thank you
Old 01-30-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

Welcome Leslie. You made the right choice in joining this support group, they are fantastic and you never need to feel alone as there always seems to be someone online here.