Notices

Sniffing OC?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
User

Sniffing OC?

IF you snort a drug are you getting the full dose vs swallowing? I ask because a friend had a baby and snorted OC for the full term. She cut back alot not sure what she was doing before she got pregnant Or what she was doing during it. But amazingly the child had no withdraw problems at all and is thankfully heathy. Please keep the comments clean, She knows it was wrong and ATM is clean. But I was just wondering if there was a scientific reason for the baby to have no withdraw issues.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Snorting OC's

The baby is very lucky to not be addicted to opiates if his/her mom was doing opiates during pregnancy. Snorting is the quickest way to get the drug into your bloodstream short of a syringe or smoking it. Not to sound rash but how do you know the baby didn't go through withdrawal? he/she wouldn't be able to tell you how they felt and did she (your friend) bother to tell her doctor she was on opiates during her pregnancy. Well, whatever the case, hopefully she will now seek help for herself and her child. Hopefully she now wants to give them up, if not, they can both be in for a long, hellish life experience before coming to terms with it. I know because I was there for 3 years.
Good luck to her and God bless her and her baby, I have added her to my prayers.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

IF you snort a drug are you getting the full dose vs swallowing?
Without a doubt, definitely YES!

And as was already said, it gets into your system faster if you snort it vs. ingesting it.

Think of a bucket of water. You can drip it out over your head a little at a time for a couple hours (swallowing). Or you can just dump the thing all at once (snorting). Either way you get just as wet, one is just a lot faster than the other.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
User

I guess i dont know 100% that she didnt go threw withdraws. But her 1st week in this world was a very happy week. Nothing I have ever read about newborns going threw withdraws happened to this baby. I guess she was very lucky. Anyhow Thank you for the comments.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

There's a lobe of your brain, (yes, your actual BRAIN), that extends into your sinus cavity. Its how you sense smells. When you snort things you are applying whatever you are snorting directly to your BRAIN.