Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Help!!! Anyone know about "protracted withdrawals from Alcohol"

Notices

Old 01-20-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have been sober now for about 80 some days, well since November 2, 2006, Doc gave me Thimamine, Folic Acid, Paxil and Atenolol for my withdrawals and depression and to help with anxiety about 3 days into going sober... I read on line about protracted withdrawals.. anyone else had any kind of symptons that last longer than the usually week to 10 days of physically withdrawals... during the first week of withdrawals, i got ringing of the years, that has not stopped, i think its called tinnitus and im shaking or tremoring in my arms and shoulder areas.. would this be normal still, i have appt to see my doc again, so im going ask him about it.... but the tremoring and tinnitus is drivin me crazy.. im i still kinda feel tired and out of it... so do u all think its normal after 80 something days to be experiencing what im going thur and little more info about me, i drank very heavy for last 7 year so, alteast pink a vodka a day sometimes for weeks... so has anyone else in here had protracted withdrawls.. i look the word protracted up , the word is defined as long drawed out....also am i out of the woods when it comes to delirum and seizures.. i read that happens in the begging.... if it is going happen.. i know i have ask a lot.. can anyone add some light on my situation...
Old 01-20-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here you are...
from my files on PAWS...

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

And seeing your doctor is a great idea.

Congratulations on your sober time!
Blessings
Old 01-20-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi js,

welcome to SR I think the Doc is the person you need to be talking too. I am sure many of us can give you examples of withdrawals, but see a Dr and tell them everything openly and honestly, so that they can best help you.

Kevin
Old 01-20-2007, 09:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hello jrs -

the link Carol sent you helped me SOOO much! It's been almost five months for me, and every now and then If I get too wound up, too tired or something - I'll shift into that mode again.
hang in there!