Notices

Depression & Relationships Don't Mix

Old 01-19-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just2Blue

Depression & Relationships Don't Mix

right before new year's i ended a 4-year relationship with my passive-aggressive, abusive boyfriend. hooray! of course, i still miss him. not the meanness, but the tiny good times; the laughter.

now, today, i had a text-battle with another guy who'd been just popping in and out of my cell phone whenever he felt like it. he'd caused several of the fights i'd had with my ex. i just wanted to let him know to lose my number, and he got all disrespectful with the texts, and i obliged.

i have insomnia, i'm depressed, and i'm at work! what a combination. i just wanted to get those things out there. i can't wait to get off work and have a beer! or two! or three! oops! maybe i shouldn't have said that!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi BB,

What I found when I first stopped drinking was that I had to make changes in my life, hard changes. And, that included people who were toxic. I removed them all from my life in order to save my life. The miracle was, that when I removed the toxic people, wonderful and amazing people began to come into my life.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just2Blue

I Agree!

You know, it does seem as if when you're in chaos, there is plenty of chaos for you to share in. And when you try to get yourself together, there's even more chaos!

This toxic person (guy #2) is just sitting at home miserable, and waited for the opportune moment to press my buttons! And suck me into his misery, but that's why I'm so glad I had this forum to talk to.

BBBW
Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it's so true...my husband can get super depressed and miserable and no matter how much I try to cheer him up...He just rather be sucked in his own misery and take me with him...Lately when he drinks what I will do is tell him that I will not be part of his drunken misery and I just tune him out...to tell the truth I rather be having normal conversation with him...But it is useless when he is drunk and down...