Old 01-10-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 9

This is a continuation of the Moms thread. Here is Part 8:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-20.html
Old 01-10-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Holy cow...we didn't even make it til noon!!! I love us....

Anna, sorry if we drive you crazy, always having to continue our thread!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Ruby, you CRACK me up!

My DH is into screewriting, etc so his imagination runs wild with ideas of this sort. Ayla, very honestly, there must be women who would benefit. Logistics of it would maybe be nightmarish.

I read C'est's very 1st post for this thread yesterday (and also Candy's and Scoot's). The first post was 9/11 of this year. I just wanted to see where it all began. I then read my first post. This thread proves that, with support, yes you can fight your addiction. For your family, for your kids and for yourself.

I'm still feeling sappy. I'm going to go splash some cold water on my face and try to snap out of this crazy emotional place I'm in.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

c'est! where are you? look what you've started...now on thread 9.

fun on the tv show or movie! we'd get our "service" in for sure if we expanded the thread to reality....i can see "desperate housewives of sober county"

btw--anyone ever watch wives of orange county?

ayla--love the scootin boop!

4--when/why did you live in kenya?

i'm all for leaving the country especially when there is a draft again. i absolutely could not stand seeing my kids go to war and get killed ignobly by a roadside bomb. but don't get me started ;-)
Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey- I was a teen and a wife of Orange County.... I've never watched it.. I lived it...!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ayla- I saw the Tammy Boop- I commented that I loved it!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Originally Posted by 4MyGuys View Post
Brandi, I love trees too. I'm glad to know there will be plenty around when I make my trip this summer. I'll need something to take my mind off of all of the wine. Not only do we have the wedding in Napa, but we'll be visiting my sis to. She works at a wine shop in Santa Barbara. Why me?
Napa isn't far from me, you should PM when you get out! I don't know the meetings out there, but I'd join you in visiting them

(no more quotes...you all are too fast and thread got closed)

Scoot - "oh brandi! i used to live in woodside, got married in mendocino--i used to hike 3-5 times a week, it was my workout. up to skyline drive and run down. soooo envious of you!!! now i live in the flatlands of the mid-atlantic..."

Ugh! How could you survive going from hills and trees to flat lands? I have been in CA all my life, and went once to IL. I was so homesick for hills that it hurt! Bet it was beautiful to be married in mediceno. I want to move there *so* bad! Medecino county is so beautiful.
Glad your teeth are starting to feel better.
OMG on the toddler thing!

Ruby - I hope you make it and that it helps you. I know not everyone likes AA. But I love it. It's hard, but it's a strong tool in soberity for me.

4 - "I just had a memory of swigging half of what was left of DHs Sapphire Gin one evening before he got home. There must not have been anything else in the house. I added water to the bottle so he wouldn't notice. He never did."

I so would have noticed. Is that how you can tell a real drinker from a sipper?
And good job not drinking!

Ayla - love the skinny girls are for wimps postie lol

Mis - Happy the baby is better. Nothing like a good poopy to ease their mood!

Ruby - "Well, Tam I am so far from normal...y'all can't see me the days I sit with red puffy eyes from crying all night or me at 3 in the afternoon still in my pj's, or the screaming witch I can be....the worst though are my drunk pictures. Not sure why it was ever a good idea to have a camera around! I remember my girls seeing some of those pictures and saying...Geez, Mom, how drunk were you?...makes me cringe!!!!"

OMG I want to burn them all! But I think I will keep them because, well, the obvious reasons.

My husband just called w/ a joke:
Q- What do you call taking a hit of acid with birth control?
A- A trip with out the kids

I think I need to read that Co. De book too. Is it by Betty Bethards? Sounds familiar...bet we have it at work. People are saying I should check out Alanon too. Dh isn't drinking now,but I am fearful he will again as he's not doing anything other then not drinking...

Ok...off to see howmuch you all have posted already on the next thread over lol
Old 01-10-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Y'all........

Ruby......yes, 60 lbs minimum.....and Roseanne can't play you if she's going to be playing me!

Ayla - thanks for the pic, you made me smile

I'm so excited.....the Indigo Girls are on Ellen today...i'm recording it so me and my 5 yr old can watch it when i get home from work (over & over). Maybe Codie will catch it.

Not much else going on......i've been playing mind games with myself.....i want to drink, i don't want to drink, i love AA, i hate AA, should i go to a meeting tonight, i'm not going to a meeting tonight....WTF.....why is it so difficult for me just to be happy with the way things are...i always feel the need to frig things up. Anyways, i guess that's it for now.

Later Dude-ettes
Old 01-10-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Well...5 full loads and laundry plus sheets, and house cleaning. Oldest has lots of homeschooling to catch up on too. Looks like a busy day here! It's supposed to be really cold today, I was hoping for a hike. Oh well...been drinking lots of coffee again, guess I'll use it to clean lol

I wasted all my pilatie time reading the board and now baby is up!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

lucas with the kitties.....
Old 01-10-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

awwwwwww
Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

madison on christmas day....
Old 01-10-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Beezy...could he be any cuter?! Still contemplating getting the dog?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Do they look that much alike in person, Beezy?
  # 15 (permalink)  

too funny---i just went back to the first posts too. i was 7 weeks.
rather powerful to know that i'm still sober...and the sanity aspect has improved with the support of this thread!

oh beezy--so cute all those blondies! my cat that i gave up for my dh was a yellow/orange stripe like yours. sometimes i wonder if i made the right choice ;-)

are the smilies working now?
  # 16 (permalink)  

yep...just waiting till the 27 th...My h said if he is not adopted out by then I can bring him home...

the kids look a little alike...
Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hump Day

Good Morning Mums!!!

HUMP DAY!!!! Thank goodness! I cannot wait for this week to end....it is only wed. and I have already delt with my ex-husband, the police department, Dept. of Children and Family Services, my OBGYN and a fist fight with my scale this morning!!!!!
And it is only 10:00! My son was in slow motion getting ready for school today.....I tried and tried to get him out of bed at 6:30.....he did not stir until 7:20....bus comes at 7:40 and he had to shower, get dressed and eat breakfast still...........and then he asked why I couldn't of woken him up earlier so that he would not have to rush......I think he saw the devil in me at that moment because he just threw his jacket and backpack on and got into the car quietly. We missed the bus (shocking) and I drove him to school which landed me late to the OBGYN.....a pap smear at 8:00 a.m. is NOT my idea of a great wake up call!!!!!!

Now I am sitting at my desk in my cubicle not really wanting to be here but enjoying watching it snow outside......

It can only go up from here!!!!! But I am so mad at myself for taking all of the girl scout cookies home last night....I should have left myself a box in my desk drawer.....oh well, just as well I guess!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Why do threads "close" and where can I find the new one? Sorry I feel so stupid!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

and my man and I .....

Old 01-10-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

you guys are the cutest!

what's the scoop on the dog,beezy?