Women in history that we admire

Old 01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Women in history that we admire

I found this at the bottom of another post - but I thought it would be fun to find out, Who do we admire?
on the other post was listed Maya Angelo & Marilyn Monroe.

Mine is -
Jane Seymour.
I met her at a conference I was attending in 2005. She spoke of her first husband, if I remember right he was an alcoholic - but for sure cheated on her and bankrupted her. She was in some serious $ problems and then got sick and almost died.
Then a saving grace - she was called on to play 'Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman' and her life turned around and she remarried, and seemed in a really good place. - a very , very, unofficial biography by me.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

O.K. this is gonna sound weird but,......Fran Drescher. She had men break into her house and rape her in front of her husband and house guests. She still got on with her life. She tried really hard to stay with her husband but I think they finally split I'm sorry to say. Anyway, cant even imagine going on in life and not being hateful and angry at the men who hurt her so badly. I don't think they ever caught them either. I heard her talk about her story and was so amazed at her grace and inner beauty of getting over this horrific abuse. She was truly an inspiration to me.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Betty Ford, recently on 60 Minutes. Openly admitted being a alcoholic hoping it would help others.

and of course

Teresa of Calcutta, I need not say more about her.

Marie Pasteur

Aung San Suu Kyi

to mention a few
Old 01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

1. Betty Ford - for her honesty about her addiction and her desire to help others with addiction by starting the Betty Ford Clinic.

2. Nancy Regan - for the absolute unwavering and true love she had for her husband

3. Joyce Meyer - for being able to get past the 15 years of sexual abuse at the hands of her father, forgive him, and found a successful worldwide ministry

4. Sally Ride - first female member of a space shuttle mission