For those who think too much.......

Old 04-08-2003, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For those who think too much.......

God I love this.

Today's thought is:

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order.
--Eudora Welty

We will experience no coincidence today. All situations that transpire in the next twenty-four hours have their purpose. No single event, not the tired, hurried smile from a boss, the phone call from a frantic friend, or the cold response from a co-worker is without impact on our current perception of life. However, we shouldn't try to evaluate the full significance of any passing event without God's help. Letting our Higher Power offer us clarity regarding the circumstances in our life will ensure a healthy perspective.

We've all experienced trauma because we exaggerated a problem rather than calmly let our inner wisdom guide us. We're only an impulsive thought away from a flurry of problems. Likewise, we're only an instant away from peace and enlightenment. The quiet mind will be ever present if that's our wish. I'll truly understand the events of today if I quietly let God reveal their significance.
Today's meditation comes from the book
In God's Care by Karen Casey
Old 04-08-2003, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you searching!

That was something I really needed to read. I have a tendency to over-analyze things instead of just waiting to find out what they mean in my "great scheme of things". And I know that sometimes God must see me as the annoying child in the back seat who keeps saying "Are we there yet?"
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-08-2003, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Gabe...LOL

That is certainly one way to look at it! You better hush before He stops the car and...

Hugs,
JT
Old 04-08-2003, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well

Lil' Gabe is currently being driven through "In-Between Land". (Also known as "Between The Closed Door and Opened Window Land"). She is so tempted to start asking "are we there yet?"...but she's trying to just enjoy the scenery.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-08-2003, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gabe - you crack me up. . And just remember, life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the ride.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Aw, Ann.....your angel is back..it's good to see you. I missed it. It's a comforting little avatar, it is.

Here's a secret.......when I first came here and I was trying so hard to bite my tongue and not react, I would imagine that angel hovering over me saying eh, eh, eh..don't do it. Hee Hee
Old 04-08-2003, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She was hiding in the flowers . Don't you know that just because you can't see an angel it doesn't mean it's not there?

Besides, you and MG made fun of the rosebush on the head of my Easter-Baby:cube:

And....I missed my angel too.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

I always figured my Higher Power was up there shaking his head in amusement... often I feel myself being picked up and having the dirt brushed off my butt. I imagine my HP saying, "Well THAT was certainly interesting, wasnt it?" I hope in time to be able to hear that voice a little more clearly~~

Osier59
Old 04-08-2003, 09:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's always great to hear from you Osier
Old 04-09-2003, 09:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ann

Man am I glad to see that bunny-slippered angel back! She has been missed. She and the Dinotaur are "comfort Avatars" for me.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-09-2003, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Thanks -

I haven't been around this part of the boards in a while and I really needed to hear this today.

Isn't it funny how that ALWAYS happens!!!

Gabe - what a great way to explain that feeling!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by Paulie; 04-09-2003 at 09:32 AM.