Notices

For my 1000'th Post

Old 01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

For my 1000'th Post

I know, I've only been here since mid November. Lots of rambling's coming out of this alcohol and drug fogged brain, but I'd like to throw out a few thank you's...

First I'd like to thank Sober Recovery for having this forum. This has been a much needed channel for me to meet people with the same kind of problems, hopes and fears that I have...

I'd like to thank the DQ'ers and Bus people for their daily dose of light hearted fun. I am very happy to have become a part of your life everyday...

Thanks to all the Mom's on "Any Mom's out there" thread for welcoming Rinnie and I into your close knit circle. I feel like one of the girls...

Thanks to everyone at the Cafe for the fun that we have with Five Words, Either Or Game and the other fun threads there...

Thanks to the people on the Alcoholism forum where I can so relate to the stories there. The happy ones and the very sad ones, I can relate to them all. Being there, puts my life into perspective...

I would like to say a special thanks to Juliee, who came here about the same time that I did. She sent me my first PM here, and I sent her mine. We became "Battle Buddies". We PM most every day. May only be a sentence or two but thats all we need to make sure that each other is OK. She saved my sobriety a couple weekends ago. And for that, I am forever in her debt. Thanks Julie!!!

I guess most of all I want to thank my HP who I choose to call God. I give all my thanks to him for leading me to this site when I was on my downward spiral. At a time in my life when I needed this place and all the people here the most. Its funny how people, places and things come into your life at just the right moment in time...

And last but diffinitely not least, I want to thank my little ray of sunshine, Rinnie. She is the reason that I got clean and sober. I vowed when I made my final decision to get sober, that at no time in her life would she ever see me drunk and stupid. I was like that during her Mom's whole life and I'll be damned if I'm going to subject her to that insanity. I'm going to do everything in my power to make her proud of me...

If just one of these 1000 posts that I've made has helped just one hurting or suffering alcoholic or addict, then all my ramblings have been worth it!!!

Thanks again for being here for me. It means more to me than you will ever know...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 01-07-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post Steve!

SR is my lifeline and I can't say enough good things about the amazing people here and the warmth and sharing.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I posted a lot early in my recovery too. And again lately since things finally slowed down a bit for winter.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Steve! Well said. If my may speak on behalf of all the other mommies....we love you!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ditto, steve....love you, my friend....
Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Congrats on 1k Steve! I registered in Nov. also and have enjoyed reading your posts. Rinnie is so fortunate to have a sober Grandfather. I'm proud of your progress, and look forward to hearing more from you in years to come.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your posts inspire and encourage. Thank you!