Notices

Messed up again

Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Messed up again

Hi Everyone,
I'm sorry to say I drank again. Tonight would of been the end of day 3. I'm a weakling or something. I'm still not smoking cigarettes which is a plus. The patch is helping with that. To bad there wasn't a patch to help quit drinking. I don't know what else to say. There is no excuse. I should of done more to help me stay sober. But I was too chicken. I'll try again sometime, I just don't know when.

Barb
Old 01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

You will try again when the emotional pain gets too bad..I usually have to be motivated by pain..I had to go back and see how miserable it really was. Don't give up...MANY of us relapse lotz of times..I sure don't reccommend it but it is the truth. Recovery is not someplace we finally reach..its a journey ..every day for the rest of our lives...sorry it wasn't your time though..I hate for anyone to suffer with this cr*p.
love to you north
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

No need to apologize, SK...the only one you're really hurting is yourself.

Yes, I'm going to go back to AA. I've been in and out of the rooms for years. The last time I had any good sobriety was in 1992. I had over a year then.
I think you posted this on your second day not drinking. What happened? If you know it worked for you back in 1992, why didn't you make a few meetings? That was probably the "more" that would have helped you stay sober.

When you decide to try to quit drinking again, please let the AA meetings be a part of your sober life again.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

A new day..a fresh beginning.

Blessings
Old 01-04-2007, 11:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is no patch for alcohol, but we are all here to offer you support. Try again.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm sorry to say I drank again. Tonight would of been the end of day 3. I'm a weakling or something. I'm still not smoking cigarettes which is a plus. The patch is helping with that. To bad there wasn't a patch to help quit drinking. I don't know what else to say. There is no excuse. I should of done more to help me stay sober. But I was too chicken. I'll try again sometime, I just don't know when.

Barb

You're not a weakling. You're an alcoholic. In my experience, alcoholics are the strongest damn people I've ever met. What mere mortal can drag their ass out of bed with a skull splitting hangover and go to work, every day, for years and years and years?

Don't try to tell me that alcoholics are weak. I won't buy it. We're some tough mother****ers.

As for the smoking... Eh, go buy a carton and quit smoking next year. Spend this year working on the habit that really makes you do stupid ****.

Smoking is bad for your body. Drinking is bad for your soul. Get your soul in good shape, THEN worry about the body.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Barb...

Never be sorry!!!

Just pick yourself back up and get back on the beam. Some of us trip many times, but the important thing is you realize that you slipped...

Nobody ever said that the road to sobriety would be a cake walk...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 01-05-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

It's a hard, hard road. You can do it. I look forward to your return to us. We are all in this together, even though you feel alone right now. Be easy on yourself.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Scardeykat,

I have only met one person who did not have frequent relapses when they initially stopped drinking, and I strongly suspect she was lying.

Relapses are common, though not recommended.

I f you are an *alcoholic* it means you can not stop drinking no matter how negative the consequences--and I have met people in homeless shelters who lost their job and their marraige.

Expect the initial period the be the hardest. The first few weeks are the toughest to get out of. Keep trying.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"We don't shoot our wounded"

I'll also suggest you get back to AA. Sounds like you're trying to do this yourself.....I know I couldn't. I thought maybe if I just tried enough times, ya know.....