Notices

My life is insane

Old 01-03-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My life is insane

Hey everyone, just wanted to post and say hi. Im a 22 yr old male living in colorado. Relapsed about 2 months ago and just cant seem to quit drinking. I was in treatment in may for 30 days and it was a good experience but im sad that i havent followed through with my recovery. New Years kind of set me off...i was with my good friends that night and they were like asking me if it felt werid not drinking..and all of that stuff and i decideded to get some drinks and get drunk.. I didnt have much fun cause of the guilt and shame. I used to be a student at a private school in NYC, and had all of these goals and dreams. I used to be so smart, and a big nerd..and i feel like that is all gone. Hope you are all having a good new year!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

rfanchnyc...Welcome to SR...

You have taken the first step admitting that you have a problem...

If you keep doing what your doing...You will keep getting what your getting, plain and simple...

Stick around this site, post and read. Some very knowledgeble people here to give you their views and personal experiences as to what alcohol has done to their lives...

And BTW, your only 22, all is not gone. It probably will be though, if you continue your path of destruction with alcohol...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 01-03-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The good news is that you can make the decision to turn your life around any time you want.

The bad news is that until you make that decision, things only get worse from here on out. Much worse.

You just have to decide how low you're willing to sink, and how many hopes and dreams you're willing to abandon.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome!!

It's a great time for a fresh start.
In AA you will find new friends who
share the same goals as you and
who will not encourage you to be a drunk.

Take Care
Old 01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Came to beleive that a Power Greater Than Ourselves could restore us to sanity"

Welcome ! If you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on ! (It's a helluva ride)
Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never too late to make a change and get back on track.

You know what you need to do to stay sober and you can do that today!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

could be worse, you could have died on that relaps. hell im 24 now and got sober at 22, since then i have gone back to college, make good grades, have awsome new sober friends. Life is good for me, and only by the grace of God. Not much of anything i did to get to where i am. But, the most important thing to me is my sobriety and if i put anything before that then eventually ill be the one typing a relaps post.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Hey rfanchnyc,

Im from Denver, but been living in Florida since June. I miss it so much! Theres lots of fun stuff to do in Denver that doesnt revolve around drinking, coffee shops downtown on 16th street mall, Red Rocks, Capital Hill is full of cool music stores and art stores that I loved going to.

I used to go to an open AA meeting in Parker that I really benefited from-better than others in town, although I am not an alcoholic, my ex is, and family members...but its one of the better meetings Ive been to, if you feel like giving aa a try.

In any event, glad you found us! Lots of cool people here
Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR. You have potential and can do anything that you want now that you are sober again.

Just don't be giving up on yourself ok!

Peace, Levi
Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stairmaster

Your right, you have not followed through. In other words you have not changed. Recovery is a process, you need to go through what you are going through to get there. The saying "when one door closes another one opens" is true. But I have also heard and experienced that the hallway in between is a bitch. Get to a meeting , get a sponsor and get into the steps. My addiction (alcohol) affected everything in my life, my recovery does as well. Hang tough!!! BTW ---let the friends go for awhile and invest some time to take care of yourself, they will respect that.