Notices

New to site...

Old 01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to site...

Hi,
I am new to this site and do not really know where or how to begin. I have been addicted to pain meds (percs,vic,ect,) for a few years now. I am so tired of being depressed and feeling like a failure to my wife and kids and to God.
I first started taking pills due to chronic back pain when I realized that the pills gave me a general sense of well being and helped me cope with my depression that I have been suffering with since I was 18. Now I fear that I cannot quit. I am always obtaining the pills by lying to the doctors and buying them from people.
I am considering rehab but I am afraid to be away from my children, I have never been apart from them...not even for a night. But something has to change, I take lexapro and xanax for my depression and anxiety but nothing seems to work anymore. My faith in God has slipped and I feel so hopeless. Please someone help me.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

You will find understanding and support here.

Blessings
Old 01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

There is hope and there's lots of support here. It's probably a good idea to begin to wean yourself off the pills. There is lots of information on these boards, so keep reading and posting.

It's possible that, once you are off the pills, your depression/anxiety meds might begin to work better. It's also possible that you need to change your antidepressant and try a different one. You should talk to your dr about that.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

As the one who was left behind when my kids (both) went to rehab, I can tell you, I was GLAD they went. I knew they needed to go to rehab, and every minute they were there, I knew they were safe and getting help.

Welcome to Sober Recovery, I wish you the best.

((Hugs))
Old 01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome
there are lots of us coming off of/in recovery from those kind of pain meds. please check out the Substance abuse forum for additional support
keep posting, everyone here is wonderful
Old 01-01-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is the success rate for outpatient rehabs very high? I want to stop but the thought of not seeing my children and wife is horrible. I try to cut down but when I feel depressed I pop them like tic tacs and wash them down with whiskey. I really appreciate your encouragment please if you pray...pray for me.