Something New

Old 12-31-2006, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something New

Well, something new for ME not AH- He decided once again to try sobriety (with no AA- or anything else) He lasted almost two weeks this time. Last night we had a very calm conversation. He told me he's tired of lying to me- that he wants to drink and he doesn't want to pretend that he doesn't any more. I said - fine- . If you want to drink, have at it. But for the first time I set a REAL boundary. I told him the first sign of verbal abuse, wrecking our home ect... not only will he go to jail- but all his stuff will be on the front yard. I told him I am DONE with all the abuse- to me and my stuff. I fell pretty good about that. He said fine, that he understands-- we'll see
ellima01
Old 12-31-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep us posted Ellima.
Sobriety without support...hmmm. I'm here cuz I'm codependent...I'm on the AA forum ..cuz I'm an alcoholic. I don't know how much your AH drinks...at what level of alcoholism he's at..but at 3 weeks sober for me...WOW...I'm wrangling emotions (that I previously drowned in alcohol) like I'm riding a mechanical bull on full tilt.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking your in for a helluva bumpy ride...that will lead right back to the bottle.
I got so sick of my emotions I wanted to drink so bad last night...just to dull them...silence them! Instead I went to a meeting and got an A-ttitude A-adjustment.
Blessings and luck,
Tracey
Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!!! Take it one day at a time, that is all you can do. I am soooo proud of you for setting boundaries.....
Old 01-01-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You deserve a Pat on the back for setting your boundry....

I always stuggle with sticking with it, but in the case of abuse I have no doubt you will keep the line drawn.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I can't save you

He was sober when you spoke to him...when he is drunk he may not take those things so lightly. Just make sure you STICK to your boundries.