The New Year

Old 12-31-2006, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

The New Year

Well the New Year is here and with it I hope all of you are able to find the peace that is owed to you.

You know all of you have written to me and been there for me and I wish I could thank you all for doing that in some way.

I read an underlining issue for all of us here and it is we have settled for people who are not that great.

I myself am proof of that. You know I read stories here of why we are attracted to those who are evil but it just seems to be we settle cause we feel we can not do better.

I think we all can do better.

The people who have stomped on us should just be left alone. Why should the light we have inside be shown upon an unworthy vessel?

I know it is very tough I go through it a lot myself. I loved my wife dearly and inside some where I still do. But it is tucked away.

I fell in love with “T” and like all of you I saw some great things inside a person that has her own issues.

Was it really good stuff or was it something I wanted to see out of loneliness?

Might be both.

I hate being alone myself and I hate when people say I need to love being alone 1st before I find anyone.
I’m not a hermit, I need human emotion and contact and love it’s basic and simple.
Is it a male thing? God I hope not.

It’s really sad that we all have had to be here. I know that sounds funny but pain has brought us here.
But it is nice to have friends here.

I have met so many women in the past 4 years now that have had one thing or another wrong with them. It does not matter where or how you meet a person. I have come to the conclusion that everyone has something that can be deemed as a problem or flaw. It is just a matter of what are willing to accept or deal with.

I’ve met people in program that find fault with EVERYONE they meet. I think it is a defense thing that will keep them safe but utterly and completely alone.
I can not and will not do that.

So here is to us the people who have love to give in the New Year!
I hope we all find the peace and love that we are all afforded.

Mr. ( yes that is my real photo) Christian
Old 12-31-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great post.

You know, Mr. C, you're right...everyone has their own issues. But I think it's not only about what we are willing to settle and deal with, but also how they have handled it and dealt with it. Everyone has had challenges and experiences that have created them to be the person they are (us included). Did they rebound from the challenges? Did they find a way to live that was better and stick with it? I think none of us will ever find a person with zero issues...I guess it's just how they handle the ones they have.
Happy New Year!
TG

Last edited by TexasGirl; 12-31-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mr.C,

Happy New Year!

Ngaire
Old 12-31-2006, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Mr. C !
Old 12-31-2006, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mr. C, Happy New Year.....

I was thinking about this the other day hon, I have met some wonderful men over the last year and I do think they all have some issue or another. I have to agree with TG it all depends on how they are handling the issue and if they are willing to be open and share their lives.... Some people are just not able to do that, unfortunally those are the ones Im attracted too.

SO .... I have decided that there is someone out there... that he is a truely amazing person and that God is working on him right now, adding the final touches so he is perfect for me. I know for pure fact he is working on me and I think this man must be pretty pictular cuz God has done alot of changes in me this last year to make me perfect for him.

With that in mine, every experience we go through just makes us a little closer to our perfect relationship. Not that either he or I will be perfect.... just perfect for each other. Just keep accepting the changes in you, keep the focus on you and keep the growth... we will get there.

Ohhhh and btw, no one said we could not enjoy the journey along the way... though I love being alone, dating does not suck so much if you keep things in perspective.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Mr C it's not a "male" thing it is a human "thing" If we did not need these things what would we be?
She will come..when lest expected. happy New Year!
Lynne
Old 12-31-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You hang in there, Mr. C, she's out there. Being "alone" does not mean being a hermit.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy New Year indeed!

2006 was a rough one for me and it cannot end soon enough. I'm determined to make many improvements in my life in 2007. This isn't an empty resolution either. I have to admit, it's a bit scary and overwhelming not knowing whether my W and I will survive. I have to put off thinking too far in the future and just get though each day.

The perspectives shared here have been very enlightening and I thank everyone for their posts.

It's gratifying to see people make good positive progress with their lives. They are my heros and I strive to be like them.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

happy new year mr. (you pretty, pretty man!) c!!!!

your day will come....hey, all our days will come.

thanks for all your sharing
Old 12-31-2006, 12:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mr. C..........Happy New Year!