Notices

Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

Old 12-29-2006, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

This is a continuation of Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Click here for Part 4:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ere-world.html
Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you all make it for part 5......I am totally lost now and no one is here but me for now...................

HELP.......I miss you all and need company..........

rae ......glad you have the Lobster thing figured out.........

enjoy you dinner and eating .....

I am off to get those PJ's with the little sheep on them to match my robe.........want to be a matching set kinda......

Well .....you all have fun trying to find this post.......................Little Penguin
Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Thanks, Anna...New Thread, Almost New Year

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
This is a continuation of Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Click here for Part 4:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ere-world.html
I was going to ask you to start us up again on January 1...you got the jump on me.

For any newbies who might wander in...HATZ was started on 1/10/06...and, we've been going strong ever since. This was the initial reason for the thread:

Because SR slows down during the wee-hours of U.S. time, some of the folks "across the pond" feel the need for speed (not that kind)...just somewhere there's a bit more action/sharing during their six-hour time difference.

This thread could also be helpful to those (like myself) who are up 2 - 3 times during the night. Or, those night owls who don't hit the sack until way past midnight.

This is the place to share...whenever...whatever!

Welcome to everyone...from the four corners of this old world.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rae .....good to see you made it here again and now that we are in a different place..............but still going strong as usual.............................HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE........
Little Penguin
Old 12-29-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Time to say "Good Night"...have a good weekend, HATZ'ers.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Hope all you HATZers are tucked cozy in your beds. Tonight I have 6 kids, my niece and two nephews are sleeping over, it is a full house. I should be in bed to keep up with them all in the morning but instead I am here sharing the joy in my heart having all my sweeties under my roof. I am so grateful and lucky! Love to you all. Hugs.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please help me. I think I am dying. I cant stand the pain anymore. You are such good people and I am such a jerk. I really want to just die and be over with it all.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

OMG...Michael!!! Paula (My Three Sons) and I were just wondering about you the other day!!! You must have felt the vibes...'cause here you are!!!

A thousand-mile journey begins with one step.
You "say" it all the time...you've taken that "one step" by reaching out to us...now put one foot in front of the other...there you go.

I cant stand the pain anymore.
Sure, you can...you didn't come all this way...gone through everything to get here...just to give up on yourself. You're stronger than that...and, we're here to pull you along...you gotta believe.

Remember...no pain, no gain. I remember when my first sponsor told me that...wise a$$ that I was, I responded, "Then I must be growing in friggin' leaps and bounds!"

It's so good to see you back among the HATZ'ers, dear friend!
Old 12-30-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty View Post
Please help me. I think I am dying. I cant stand the pain anymore. You are such good people and I am such a jerk. I really want to just die and be over with it all.
Michael... do you have anyone to call or talk to in person? Please keep posting and letting us know how you're doing. I think you know that everyone here cares about you .
Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone............Coffee is on and ready ......

Michael......you need someone to talk to besides here.......Hang in there and know we are always here for you...........This is no time to be giving up on yourself....You have so much more to live for...............Get to some meetings and talk to people there .....work the steps and get a sponsor to help you out more...........................You can do this.....ONE DAY AT A TIME.................Nothing will happen over night........
...............I will pray for you today and look forward to hearing from you here again....................We are all here for you.......because you found us again and came back...............Here are HUGS for you and more HUGS.

As for the rest of you I am doing ok and trying to think of a way to party up and have fun without drinking the hard stuff.................I can party for New Year the right way............Thinking of making cookies and something else to enjoy..............................need think about dropping those few pounds I started to do a few months ago..................What a goal I have set for myself........

Have a good day and talk to you all later..........The weekend has started off with a beautiful sunrise.............Little nippy out there and that is ok.............I ordered a down jacket in blu so will enjoy it ...........GOOD MORNING RAE.....I SEE YOU ARE ON WITH ME..

Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Michael, please don't give up. Keep reaching. We are here for you. You are not a jerk, that is stinking thinking! Get out of your head, please talk to someone in person. I know you are uncomfortable with the 'god' asspect of AA, but a meeting might have a person that you could connect with that will understand your pain. Please Michael, know that we love you and want you to stick around with us. BIG HUG.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We can all pray for Michael and let him know that we truely care..................He will make it through this ..........

Today is a beautiful day and a bit chilly..........Time to clean up those christmas decorations..........I did a little and finish the rest later.............can only do so much at once..................

A tornado hit TEXAX.......and I will pray for these people....

Doing ok for today and staying in the now...........

Love you all and wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR............

Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2006, 03:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty View Post

Micheal, Remember the guy that got this thread started again.
Remember the guy that shared that beautifull letter from your parents.
Remember the guy that sent Rae the flowers and made her cry.
You were there for me when I needed you. God damn you, people care about you. Your life is important to us all. I think about you everyday and wonder how you are doing. You are no different than any of us here. We are all in this together and we need you. You are wise and have alot to offer all of us.
I personally need you and do not want you to die. I do not want to die myself.
This disease sucks so bad. Please you have so much to offer.
I am sending you love even though I'm a guy and its not something us guys do.
Max
Old 12-30-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

A little less than 30 hours, and counting!

Dusted off my dancing shoes...gearing up for tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to "kicking up my heels"...gonna be a bit tricky from the wheelchair...but, I'll figure something out!
Old 12-30-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

rae .....you kick up those heels and have the time of your life................I know you can do it and that man in the picture looks your type................Go for it lady.........

I am counting the hours myself........look forward to a new year.......and many more.........I will party New Years Day myself.......................Have a good rest of the day you all..................Little Penguin

Michael.............Still thinking about you and know you will do the right thing ..........I want to hear that you made an effort and got yourself to a meeting and touched base with everyone there......................I know you can do it......Hang in there little buddy........Life is good.....Recovery is what you really need to make the New Year more than what you have now..............You have to make the right move in the right direction..........You have too many friends here that are looking out for you to do anything stupid...............................Put one foot in front of the other and keep walking forward into the door of Recovery Meetings where you are greeted by LOTS OF HUGS.........Reach out and get the help you need.....ONE DAY AT A TIME..........

Little Penguin
Old 12-30-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Time to call it a day, and settle down for the night. Sleep well, my friends.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good night everyone.............sleep cozy tonight and see you all in the morning...................

Have a good night rae .....and Michael.....sleep good tonight and know that you are in good hands...........You have lots of friends that truely care...........THINK ABOUT IT.......

HUGS,HUGS,HUGS.........Little Penguin
Old 12-31-2006, 03:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support. I feel better today, yet still a bit lethargic. I'll survive. Tomorrow is the 1st and I shall never drink again. I just really hope I can keep the oath. I'm really sorry if I caused any of you concern or worry.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Great to see you Michael! Just take things one day at a time. You can do it and we are here for you. Thinking about you and sending you a warm hugs across the time zones.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

No need to apologize, Michael...wouldn't you feel the same if it were one of us!?! Just don't drink today...take care of tomorrow when it gets here! OK!?! Better behave...Max sounded like he meant business...you're liable to open your door and find a cigar smoking alcoholic from Seattle ready to kick butt, if you don't heed his loving words!

The disco ball is
glittering and spinning it's light...while my partner and I will be jumpin' and jivin' all through the night!

The count-down to midnight
will soon be here...so join us then to greet the New Year!