Notices

Update... (kinda long)

Old 12-28-2006, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Update... (kinda long)

Day 7! Things have been going pretty well, the Christmas Holiday was great, my 1.5 year old son had a field day... Im not going to say its been all peaches and cream.
Im off this week and starting a new job after the first of the year, one Im not crazy about (more stress) but it must be done cause I need the mula, Im waiting on a few other offers that I would much rather have but prob wont here from them till after the first of the year. A little history on that.. I was sort of downsized out at the agency I was working for about 6 months ago. Couldnt really find anything else and all that free time lead to a lot more drinking.. So much so the plans that my wife and I had to open our own small business (which we had already paid to get incorperated) had to be put on a huge hold till I can get some things straightened out, if you know what I mean.
Anywho the temptation to go get a 6 or 12 pack while Im here alone has been there. Im trying to just think of my son, he is really becoming a daddys boy and I cant be there for him if Im messed up. Also the drink isnt helping me get any closer to getting my wifes trust back and our business going. Also what a days buzz could do for me or against me really even isnt close. I also know that that a 6 or 12er can and most likely will become many many more.
So thats day 7 for me, still holding on, we have some great sober plans with friends and their kids for New Years so that should be fun. Will try to keep things updated.. Once again thanks for listening!

J

I believe in fate and destination, but so much of that lies in our own hands If you know what you want, just go on out and get it, don't give up, If you want love, you've got to give a little, If you want faith, you just believe a little, If you want peace, turn your cheek a little, you see you've got to give to live! (Van Halen/Sammy Hagar)
Old 12-28-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's now or never.

Congrats on week 1

Congratulations for making it to day 7 (I'm right behind you - being on day 3 myself). From what you describe, we sound like we were very similar drinkers. It also sounds like you have the necessary motivation to keep on track with sobriety. I look forward to being 4 days behind you for the days, weeks, months, years, and life to come!

Keep it up! K
Old 12-28-2006, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Super!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

We told you so...one day at a time, anything is possible!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Great job! Keep it up!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
searching, 7 days is awesome! Every time I see my children in sobriety it's like a holiday for me, and being a sober parent is the best gift I've ever given myself. More will be revealed, just take it one day at a time.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your support, it means everything!

I believe in fate and destination, but so much of that lies in our own hands, If you know what you want, just go on out and get it, don't give up, If you want love, you've got to give a little, If you want faith, you just believe a little, If you want peace, turn your cheek a little, you see you've got to give to live! (Van Halen/Sammy Hagar)
Old 12-29-2006, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Are you going to meetings?
Old 12-29-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks Astro, I know just what you are saying about being a sober parent to a young one, what a trip he is in his own right...LOL!

_____

I believe in fate and destination, but so much of that lies in our own hands, If you know what you want, just go on out and get it, don't give up, If you want love, you've got to give a little, If you want faith, you just believe a little, If you want peace, turn your cheek a little, you see you've got to give to live! (Van Halen/Sammy Hagar)