intervention letter and unloading, I guess

Old 12-26-2006, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question intervention letter and unloading, I guess

This is one of my first posts. I teach software applications to teachers yet I am a complete DOLT with this type of forum! I originally posted this in a different area of this website.

I finally figured out how to check it and when I saw that a few people had responded, I burst into tears that someone actually was out there, read my request and took the time to give me encouragement and direct me to the right area.

I just copied a pasted my original post (to follow this), but it's now Dec. 26th and one of my daughters has gone home and the other is so sad. I just want to make everything ok, and I know that is not my job ALL THE TIME. I'm angry and I feel like I can't complete simple tasks these past few days. I started counseling Dec. 20 and my counselor is gone over the holidays and I am just lost.

I know there's hope and I know there are better days but I can't seem to stop crying. My husband drank for 15 years and I have been out of his house for 3, but these last 6 weeks have been devastating to me emotionally and this has never happened to me before...I have always managed and done pretty well. Anyway, a little unloading helps, so sorry to those of you who had to muddle through this to get to my original question.
------------------------------------------------------------------here it is
I came across this site while searching on Ask.com for information on the topics for a family communication letter to an alcoholic. My husband just left a rehab facility (28 days) on Dec. 8 and he's drinking again for a few days now.

My daughters and I were unable to travel to the facility to have a "family communication" event before he checked out. we think we should have it now, since they will both be home for the holiday. Unfortunately, the center he was at is very difficult to get information from...understaffed, counselors unavailable when we call, just busy.

Anyway, during one phone call to a counselor a few weeks ago, he mentioned that the letters we write to my husband need to follow a certain guideline of topics: fears, anger, frustrations, hopes, bottom line and something else (if those are even the right topics!!)

Can anyone please help us? My searches must be "tweaked" in some way that I just can't seem to find it on the internet.

We are desperate to complete this activity and either get closure or help him get back to extended treatment.

thanks for anything.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you read below where your first post was transfered in here to F & F?

Two suggestions there. Welcome to SR,
Keep coming back.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if what you need is the same as any intervention letter, but here's a couple of sites that might be helpful. Best of luck to you!!
http://www.robertperkinson.com/new_page_1.htm
http://answers.*****.com/question/in...=1005120800784
http://www.friendsofrecoveryvt.org/articles.php?id=11
Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your help. We really appreciate it.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just want to stop by and welcome you to SR....

Take a look around, there is alot of good information on the boards. The stickies at top are a good place to start. I look forward to getting to know you and yes.... your not alone in your struggles.