Dealing with Anger

Old 12-22-2006, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealing with Anger

I am working on me. I have purchased a few books which are:

Codependent No More by Melody Beattie

When Anger Hurts by McKay, Rogers & McKay

Why Your Life Sucks (and what you can do about it) by Alan H. Cohen

I also started a journal, and somehow, some creative juices are flowing and I have been writing a few poems about all this.

This all started when I wanted to address my anger and then in my soul searching, this has all taken on a life of its own.

Anyway, as far as being angry with the AH. I get angry and stay that way. I will be mad for a few days then figure why let it go, he is due to be drunk again. I am definitely the "silent treatment" person.

Has anyone had this problem and been successful in learning to "let it go"? I can see myself needing to adapt a "one day at a time" philosophy so I am not looking back on yesterday or predicting about tomorrow. This is one of the most difficult things for me though.

Any suggestions?

Julie
Old 12-22-2006, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I see to do that also the "silent" treatment. But I have to wonder if that actually hurts us more than them. ?? We keep it bottled in side and they get away with not hearing how we feel about their behavior. It's something to think about for us both.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jacksdaughter View Post
I see to do that also the "silent" treatment. But I have to wonder if that actually hurts us more than them. ?? We keep it bottled in side and they get away with not hearing how we feel about their behavior. It's something to think about for us both.

I agree. And I will do it for days...even weeks.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I stayed mad for 16 years living with an all around abuser..he died. then I became an alcoholic. go figure?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"God wants you to experience an abundant life. Suppressed anger or ongoing rage and resentment is a spiritual barrier reef erected against the love of God. People or curcumstances may have hurt you, but you can respond in forgiveness through your new life in Christ. You are not a victim of your circumstances but a victor through Jesus Christ"

I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me.