a christmas shopping story and a man...oh my

Old 12-22-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a christmas shopping story and a man...oh my

so i was lookin at hallmark christmas ornaments....first time i've been to the next town over from me in a year.....and i hear someone say....jeri, is that you???

i turn round, and there stands an old flame from over 27 years ago. we had dated for about 2 years one time....till he went to texas to visit his children and brought back some excess baggage....his ex!!!!

well, i couldn't believe it......he was old!!!! real old!!!!! so, i have a question, what happened to me these past 27 years, cause i still feel like i did when i was 27!!!!! there's just another woman wearing my clothes, is all.

anyway, it was so nice to see him.....i was glad back then when he went back to his family.....that was how it should have been....and he was honest about it with me....so no hard feelings there....

they are divorced.....again.....and we had lunch. very nice. it felt good. no expectations. i felt so wonderful...confident, assured, calm....

ya know, i'd been saying that i was going to try to make eye contact with the male species, but i just can't do it.....and then here was this opportunity for me to do so....in the form of a familiar, good person, of which there were no mutual expectations.

we went to olive garden for lunch....he asked if i'd like a glass of wine with our meal....my eyes felt all squeezy, throat got tight, heart started palpatating, and i felt a panic attack coming on....but i just smiled with this frozen smile on my face like a stepford wife,,,,,and said sure.

after all, i'm not the alcoholic, i enjoy wine with a meal.....and even if this man had the misfortune of being an alcoholic, there were no expectations, except i was already planning on how i would get his keys and drive us back to my car, and dump his drunk a$$.

so the waitress poured two samples for us to taste, we chose, and we ate, laughed, reminisced, and guess who drank all the glass of wine.....yep, me.

he didn't even finish his. and i was eyeballing it like crazy.

isn't it weird.....these aftereffects of living with alcoholism.....at least i didn't go into full blown panic attack at the mention of wine.....i said the serenity prayer, made plans for my safe return, and enjoyed.

i know this is long....thanks for reading
love to all
jeri
Old 12-22-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OH how wonderful for you.

Don't you just LOVE how our HP will put people, places and things in our path when we need them the most?

Cherish this moment, this experience. Your post is filled with joy, recovery, self assurance.

I'm very happy for you!

Hugs
Cat
Old 12-22-2006, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Ahem, you failed to mention is he still hot? And Cat, for God sakes, pull your dress down. Your asp is showing.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

he's ooooooooolllddd! and i mean old. like johnny cash right before he died. i was so shocked. he's only 11 years older than i am....but dang!!!!!

you know, in these days, i find myself saying all the time....but they are ONLY65 or 70 or whatever......because old people are so young nowdays....but he is old. he has been very ill with heart probs....so thus, i reckon has not aged very well. but he's so old!!!!!!

so old. no way does he look 65.

love to all
jeri
Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ya know, i'd been saying that i was going to try to make eye contact with the male species, but i just can't do it.....and then here was this opportunity for me to do so....in the form of a familiar, good person, of which there were no mutual expectations.
So cool. We get what we need when we need it. One of my goals lately has been to shift my focus enough to recognize it when it happens!

Glad you had a good time and felt so good, jeri. You deserve it.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=embraced2000;1145981]he's ooooooooolllddd! and i mean old. like johnny cash right before he died. i was so shocked.

This comment had me laughing so hard...................

It is wonderous how our HP puts people in our path, isn't it?

I know how you felt with the wine drinking at the restaurant. I feel almost like I am being two faced when I have a drink........When I went to a Halloween party and had a few, I felt guilty. We shouldn't feel this way.
It is just hard after all the years of being with an alcoholic.

Have a Good Holiday.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Embrace, I just love you! You always can bring a grin to your posts! Thanks for being you.
Haha, since we are so close in age, I was giggling at you still feeling young! I am starting to again. It's a riot, how some of these guys have aged so much more than us!
What a nice story and a good experience for you....