Notices

Day 14 - 2 WHOLE WEEKS!

Old 12-17-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 14 - 2 WHOLE WEEKS!

It's Sunday, week 2. I did it! I am so freaking proud of myself, I can barely contain the excitement.

Last Sunday, I thought to myself...dang, I can't remember the last time I spent an entire weekend sober with a hangover. One Sunday #2, I am in even greater awe that a) I made it 2 weeks b) I don't have a hangover today (again, YAY!) and c) This hasn't been easy, really...at all, BUT...my committment remains firm.

I just got back in from walking Kasha (The Dawg) and am going to make a big ole breakfeast for the boys and then go see my friend in the hospital who had surgery recently, I am a little worried about her.

So, yeah...getting through the rest of today....I can do it. And that will make it week 2 for me - SCORE!

Last night, went out with Mr. Mans family and everyone was drinking...I admit, findinig myself eye-balling those margaritas, but not b/c I wanted one...b/c I felt something that somewhat resembles disgust. It's bittersweet really, of COURSE I wanted to drink last night, but just not bad enough to even take a taste. I will admit that it made me extremely grumpy for a while, but I am learning that that grumpiness and the cravings DO pass if I can just hold out until they do.

BTW: Looks like I'm not the only one who's having New Years Eve concerns, I think we should keep brainstorming. Problem is, I have very few sober friends. My best girlfriend is definately one of them and she has been beyond supportive in this endeavor of mine, but everyone else...well, we are just in different places. I think we might have a light dinner at home and maybe go to a movie or something, I don't know.

That's a few weeks from now, I still have to get through today! I'll worry about New Years later.

Peace all, take care.
S
Old 12-17-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great work Sarah!

And, your plan for New Year's Eve sounds good. I think planning ahead helps in recovery, with all aspects of your life.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Way to go on two weeks which is 14 days which is 336 hours which is 20160 minutes yep it keeps adding up
Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Excellent !
Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

awesome, sarah, you're doing great!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sarah,

Well done on 2 SOBER weeks! You are gaining inner momentum....enjoy it!

As for New Years Eve: Its just another day.
Take it One Day At A Time. And, Don't drink today.

If you are in the teeniest way uncomfortable about being in a drinking enviornment such as a party or event: Do not go. Stay home, take a warm bubble bath, watch a movie, read a good book, come here to SR..Do you attend meetings? If so, get to a meeting, and then, wake up early on Day 1 of 2007 without a hangover full of vitality to set your new year's intentions.

Its okay not to party on New Year's Eve.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Huge Congratulations on two weeks Sarah! Hurray for you!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congradulations. Two weeks is defineatly something to be proud of.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Two weeks... sweet !
Old 12-17-2006, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Excellent! Way to go!

We don't need no :friday: to be happy.

We got so much more!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Smile

Congrats Sarah! I'm right where you are--2 weeks today (Yoo-Hoo)! It hasn't been easy but I'm not giving up this time. Hang in there! I'm proud of you!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys!

SR has definately been a huge support system for me. All the information and support is vital!

I watched 28 Days yesterday on Oxygen, it made me laugh so hard...I guess sometimes laughing about all this drama is a good thing, no?

Just got back from a very busy morning, I'm exhuasted! I'm going to watch a movie and snuggle my puppy. I think the boys are going to a movie, with out me...thank GAWD. I don't thinK I can do one more thing this weekend<, just need some peace, some quiet and some nice hot tea!