Notices

Dreamed I relapsed

Old 12-15-2006, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

Dreamed I relapsed

whoa i just had the most intense relapse dream. this came after last night, which was very rough for me. the night ended fine because i made a 11pm meeting, but this dream was God letting me know how terrible i would feel to use. it happened on my 1 year anniversary and we were having a party for me. not sure of the specifics but all my sober friends were there. somehow an ambulance came because i guess i had threatened suicide. they had a breathalizer and i blew a 1.6!! which would kill a man!

it was the worst feeling ever knowing i was back at 0 after 320 days. that dream was terrifying but i woke up so grateful. it was the first using dream ive had in a couple months.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's just your mind messing with you Chicago. I have had that happen, out of the blue, too. And, it can shake you up. Just be grateful it was only a dream and, hey, you're 320 days sober!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Last week I dreamt I had a glass of wine and felt swo remorseful. I was so glad when I woke up! 320 days is so great!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my recovering daughter says she has relapse/using dreams. it's good that you are able to share them, i imagine that helps. hang in there! and congrats on 320! blessings - k
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's very common, although I haven't had one for a while.

I still remember the Vivid dreams in early recovery, Wow ! Those were weird.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My first drinking dream completely freaked me out, but after mentioning it to a bunch of AA friends it turns out that it's not at all unusual. It's just the part of your brain that wants you dead throwing a hissy fit over the fact that you've stopped listening to it.

I had one about six months ago that was so real that the entire next day I felt as if I really had drank. Guilt, remorse, headache, nausea... The whole bit.

Amazing the things our minds can do to us, isn't it?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i actually had a using dream last nite. one of those where i only had ten pills left and was panicking..."let's see, if i take two now, then two later...but, no, then i won't get a buzz. but if i take four now, then i won't have enough..." ooooooooooooh, i used to hate that panic.. so glad it's over today
mis
Old 12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have had them and what a wonderful feelong when it finally hit me that it was only a dream..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i've had them a lot lately too chicago. i think for me its because of the holidays and the parties and that this will be my first clean xmas. i too felt sooooooo guilty when i woke up and freaked out that i had relapsed. i took a sec to pass but i relate to what you are saying/feeling.

duude 320 days rules the skools!!

keep it up!
heart
Old 12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

My last using dream was me shooting up Heroin, I havent done it yet, but it messed with me.

For me, looking back on all the using dreams i have had, they always come when a part of "self" is being giving to God. Its like my alcoholism is trying just one more thing to win me over. Good thing God is more powerful!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
It seems like I have at least one relapse dream every month, and the worst ones have been when I wake up and for a moment can taste vodka. I've also got this weird feeling when I'm up late that I'll wake up with a hangover. Strange, weird, but I'm still sober.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Hey Chicago, glad to see you have 320 days, congrats. I'm still around, thanks for those PMs back in October.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

I too can relate to what has been said here. Last week I had a using dream which included using methamphetamines. I woke up & ran to the bathroom--looked in the mirror and noticed that both my eyes were dilated ("big time"). that completely scared the crap out of me & for a brief moment I had to ask myself "Is this real, am I still dreaming? Or did I somehow actually use and not remember doing it? Anyway, after the initial shock wore off, I did realize that I was awake and that "no" I hadn't drank/used for about 5 days at that point--but I must say that messed with my mind for awhile. Thank you to everyone who shared concerning this topic. At least now I know that I am not alone.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think it might serve as a good reminder. I had dreams that I blacked out and woke up not remembering a thing. I thought, thank god I am not there anymore and was that much more grateful. I also had many dreams questioning myself. Did I quit smoking? Meanwhile, I quit about 6 years ago..
Joanne
Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I had one last night!!! It was strange because I was watching myself drunk talking to people, making no sense and falling all over the place. Then someone I was with got arrested. The next part of it was me under my bed dizzy and seeing patterns like I was tripping. In the dream I remember saying to myself this is a dream so just wake up sober....and I couldn't!! Never had a dream were I knew I was dreaming. VERY INTENSE and SCARY! I woke up and the bed was soaked with sweat. But I was very relieved that it wasn't true.