Notices

I did it

Old 12-14-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
boommer

I did it

I found a counseler to go to,but I'm scared.I never had to deal with this before,my dr told me I had a chemical imbalance,whatever that means.I have an appt.next Thursday early in the morning.I just wanted to let you all know whats going on.Thanks for being here for me it is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you were successful!

This new doctor will explain whatever is going on
with you.

Keep in focus...you will be just fine.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

boommer,

My son and I are in therapy once a week and have been for almost a full year now. We see our therapist independantly of one another and in group sessions, it's one of the best things I've ever done for him, myself and our relationship.

She specializes in working single mothers with boys, who woulda guessed "she" was out there...but in fact, she was and she is a blessing to our family.

She keeps me sane, she keeps him in check about reality when I cannot and is the neutral voice of reason for us both when we've lost focus on the positive outcomes we are striving to achieve.

I can't praise therapy enough, if you find a good therapist. It might take a while, I saw several on my own when I was young and most of them were not good matches for me, at that stage in my life.

Can you get a referral from a trusted source? A friend? A friends family member? Your own family?

Blessed Be Dear Heart, you've taken a brave step!
S
Old 12-14-2006, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

I was also told that I had a chemical imbalance. To this day I dont quite understand what it means. I never wanted to ask. I didnt really care back then.

Its awesome that your seeking help. I hope things go well with you. Dont be scared. As long as you are seeking help, things get better.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
boommer

Thank you all and I will let you know how everything is working out.I have to get ready for work so I can't stay on here very long,so I will talk with all you tonight.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
boommer

I'm so tired

Home from work and so tired,I still have to go to the grocery store tonight I have to get some grapes for my son and some things for a picnic.It's going to be nice tomorrow so I'm going to take my son to the park and let him play and run around.I can't stay on here long I need to get up early so I can pick him up from his DaDs,so I will talk with you all tomorrow night.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's awesome. I am very happy for you. Counsellors, assuming you meet the right one... and keep in mind you can find another if you don't, can be incredibly helpful.

In terms of chemical imbalance, that can mean a lot of different things from the neurotransmitters in your brain to something in your blood. I'd ask for clarification from your doctor.

Peace, Levi
Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Re: Chemical Inbalance.

Remember too, that years of drinking screws everything up. The depression we experience (alcohol is a depressant) and the anxiety from withdrawls and the messes we create are often confused with Bi-Polar/Manic-Depressive.