Notices

Has anybody heard of this?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Has anybody heard of this?

sobercircle.com

I got invited to this website by a friend. I was wondering if anybody can tell me whether its a good site or not. It looks like a myspace for sober folks.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry...I have not used that site so have no idea.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

I do have a myspace. It has lots of recovery groups and Im in a few of them. This is a better site for recovery. But myspace is more like personalized web pages where people get together and make friend. I use it. I love it. Im always on that thing. ( a new addiction I guess you could say. LOL)

myspace.com

That is the link to my page is you would like to take a look at it and check it out.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

OOps sorry, I just saw that you mean sobercircle and not myspace. ha ha. well that ive never heard of. but I think I will check it out.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I haven't heard of sobercircle either.

Tink, I like your myspace. Mine is so lowtech compared to yours LOL. I do love Jack Skellington .
Old 12-15-2006, 01:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I like myspace, but in terms of being a good recovery place, myspace leaves something to be desired. Getting pervs emailing all the time is getting REAL old. I did try out the sobercircle place. They have a really cool flash calculator that shows your time sober. I put it on my Myspace page... So for that alone, it was cool.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

I went to this site (sobercircle.com).....definitely NOT a myspace.com site....it's actually an offshoot of seabrookhouse.org which is a private, nonprofit, nationally recognized and CARF accredited inpatient drug and alcohol rehab treatment center located in rural Bridgeton, New Jersey (NJ). ..... interesting, but since I'm in TX not something I'm interested in......but for folks on the east coast it sounds like an option.....with lots of resources..... (o:

NoelleR
DOS: 6/23/86
Old 12-15-2006, 10:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
I haven't heard of sobercircle either.

Tink, I like your myspace. Mine is so lowtech compared to yours LOL. I do love Jack Skellington .

Thanks hun, be sure to add me. I love to make friends that are in recovery.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
I went to this site (sobercircle.com).....definitely NOT a myspace.com site....it's actually an offshoot of seabrookhouse.org which is a private, nonprofit, nationally recognized and CARF accredited inpatient drug and alcohol rehab treatment center located in rural Bridgeton, New Jersey (NJ). ..... interesting, but since I'm in TX not something I'm interested in......but for folks on the east coast it sounds like an option.....with lots of resources..... (o:

NoelleR
DOS: 6/23/86
Hi NoelleR, I actually looked into whether seabrookhouse was responsible for the website and it turns out that they just are a sponsor for it. Thank you for checking into it though, I appreciate your response. One thing I though was cool, the interventionist that helped me out during my crisis has a profile there. I thought that was pretty neat to reconnect.

- J