Notices

6String - Newbie Father of Alcoholic Daughter

Old 12-13-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

6String - Newbie Father of Alcoholic Daughter

Originally Posted by 6string View Post
I posted on a reply (oops) but I am a newbie and my daughter is in treatment now for alcohol. You can read my post on the last new thread here... and I apologize for that mistake.
What I realized reading you all is how comforting and positive you are with each other. It's really nice to read that, I felt good just reading your posts.

Happy holidays to all of you, I have a feeling I am going to make some good friends here!
I noticed you've made a few posts to threads started by others...so, unfortunately your comments got lost in the shuffle. This is not typical of Sober Recovery members; but, it can be an unintentional oversight.

I'm glad you've found the posts here "comforting and positive"...it truly describes the general atmosphere. There are other forums for Friends and Family of Alcoholics, too...and, you might want to check them out. But, feel free to post in this Newcomers forum...and let us know how you and your daughter are progressing. Perhaps you could start your own thread, so we can address our comments to your specific situation.

Good Luck. Oh, I'm interested in the origin of your user name, 6String.