Notices

Good morning everybody

Old 12-13-2006, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
boommer

Good morning everybody

I overslept this morning and I have to be back to work in an hour and a half.After that I have a doctors appt. The reason is since I quit drinking I can't get a good night sleep,either I toss and turn or I wake up during the night.It sucks.Also I'm on Step 8 and I have been on it for awhile I have apoligized to others that I have hurt during my addiction,but do I have to apolgize to my ex. husband,it was an abusive marriage and he's still in active addiction.My sponsor says yes,but I don't know.Please tell me what you think.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Boomer, I can understand your sponsors view, but you may not be at a safe place for you. Perhaps do it by way of a letter if you really have to. Don't even attach a return address if necessary.

Peace, Levi
Old 12-13-2006, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Be very careful with that amends, the letter is an excellent method.

When I made my amends to my ex-wife her boyfriend was hiding inside her house. It definitely didn't go the way I thought it would. I now have an assault charge from him, and a restraining order from her, and can honestly say I wasn't practicing the principles in all my affairs that day.

Scott
Old 12-13-2006, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Boommer...good to see you are posting regularly at SR. Just a suggestion...rather than start a new thread each day or time of day, just keep us apprised of your progress on the same thread for a while. That way, we will all be able to keep up with you from day to day. You might find it working better for you, too.

The reason is since I quit drinking I can't get a good night sleep,either I toss and turn or I wake up during the night.
My sponsor told me, "No one ever died from lack of sleep." She was right, of course. It took a while; but, I did eventually sleep through the night, and I'm confident that you will, too. Just be patient.

do I have to apolgize to my ex. husband,it was an abusive marriage and he's still in active addiction.
It took me 18 years to get around to making amends to my abusive ex-husband...and, he was neither an alcoholic nor an addict...just a very unhappy person who took it out on me. I didn't apologize in person...it just so happened that a situation presented itself whereby I was able to make the amends to him. I'm glad I did, because he passed away just a couple of years later.

Recovery is a life-long process, so there really isn't any time frame for completing the 8th step; but, remember it's as much for your benefit as for his (probably even more for you). So, maybe it would be best if you not prolong the agony...get it over with, if you can...I do agree that the letter would be a good plan of action. The operative word being action.

Good Luck.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
boommer

I'm home from work

I will try to post on the same thread and thank you for all the encourment I'm new to this so I will work on that.thank you
Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Welcome home, boommer! Hope you had a good day at work...and, that you have an even better night. Sleep well.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you back Boomer.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Doctor's Visit

Originally Posted by boommer View Post
I will try to post on the same thread and thank you for all the encourment I'm new to this so I will work on that.thank you
From your latest topic/thread:

I went to the Dr. today and I started crying.I have been depressed lately and I don't know why.I don't think about drinking or anything like that,so anyway she wants me to go to counseling.I told her I don't make that much money,but she wants me to go anyway.I have to think about this one.
I agree with those who have suggested you both ask the doctor to prescribe an anti-depressant (I happen to take Welbutrin), and check into your local Social Services department for direction to a counseling service (many of them are on an affordable sliding scale).

Good Luck, once again.