Notices

Waiting it out

Old 12-08-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waiting it out

I am new to this forum but am very glad to have stumbled across it today. My dh is currently doing a 30 day rehab for prescrition pill abuse. He has been using for the last 10 years and blind ole me didn't see it as the HUGE problem it was. He was very good at hiding things I didn't have my eyes open. I am trying my hardest to work through the fact that for the entire life of my marriage, he has been dedicated to a pill in a little brown bottle and not to our family. I want to be the best I can when he comes home and to NOT make it easy to fall again. We are not near his rehab center so I cannot take advantage of the wonderful family therapy sessions and the nearest Al-anon meeting is over an hour from my house so I am trying to work things out with reading all I can and talking with people who have been there, done that. A lot of this is very hard to hear but I am trying to be open and see the mistakes I have made and to learn from them. I look forward to learning from everyone here.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Welcome to SR...

You have come to the right place hurt in TN...

The insanity of drug addiction, just stay here and keep reading, you are not alone in your journey...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

You might like to check out our Friends and Families forums on this board. You'll find lots of information and support there.