Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 5

Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 5

I hope the Moms keep on posting and staying sane!

Here is a link to Part 4

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-21.html
Old 12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hugs to everyone, be sure and check in after your parties....
beezy, you weren't a nurse by any chance, were you? i know i have pm'd with some, but can't remember who...it was during that bad first week.
anyway, now that we are in a new thread i don't remember what i was gonna respond to, but hope everyone is having a good nite....esp those who are having a quiet, snuggly one (wink wink)
Old 12-08-2006, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Misti-that would be me (I'm an RN)-we pm's acouple of times when you were having a hard time your first week-I'm the one who has tried to post her story like 5x and keeps getting kicked off or as you told me today on the narcotics addiction thread where I posted "test post" you said I was "pulling a ruby"
Old 12-08-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OMG it actually went through (the last post)-anything I have tried to post more than say 2 sentences since the beginning of Novenber has been kicked out.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

lol, i get everyone so confused...i can't remember whose story is whose (sorry)
hey, you posted here.....have you tried to put your story in notepad and copy/paste it yet? we all are waiting for you over in SA, people are already supporting you
hey, rudolph and frosty are on tonite.......
does anyone want to post pics? the avatars had me thinking....my imagination is crazy, and i am wondering what everyone looks like now, lol. i am at www.myspace.com/mistivon along with some great pics of the kids
thank God for the free library (we just finished madagascar), warm pjs and quiet kids
hope everyone is doing alright tonite
misti
Old 12-08-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, haven't posted in awhile. This threat moves sooooo fast.. mikiglen.. I will look at your pics.. I don't know where I could post a pic?? It would be fun to see all the faces..
Joanne
Old 12-08-2006, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i think you could probably post one in a post
hang on, since it's quiet in here tonite, i'll go try it and see
mis
Old 12-08-2006, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 12-08-2006, 06:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

lol, that's my six year old. hope noones on dialup
Old 12-08-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am not a nurse...maybe I should have listened to my mom ...and done that instead...she is an R.N.....

welcome Lexi...

My dr called me at home with some questions...it was kinda wierd but he was professional..my hubby has been teasing me all night...Mchottie said he had a really good afternoon after talking to me..and just wanted to say thanks for being honest and open....he had other questions about my meds...insurance is asking him...so I am sure my H is gonna tease me indefinitely about him...at least he knows I am not up to anything..

the dr offered me some ativan and before I could even think about it I was saying...no I am a recovering addict...he just looked at me and smiled and said "Me too"...so I am glad I put it out there ...no chance he will ever prescribe me anything...felt good...

Liss....honey..I wish I could say..just leave him and be happy...but I know it is not that easy....divorce is hard and I know that you hve these feelings for another man...I just hope that you do not act on those until you have resolved whatever you will be doing bout your marraige...it will only complicate things..Is it complicated now because you have feelings for someone else ??? or has it always been like that ???
just wondering cause I would hate to hear that you are in anymore pain than it sounds like you are...
follow your heart...your a grown up and I believe you are capable of making grown up decisions.....I hope you figure it out...I know how hard that spot is to be in....Love you.....

Can you believe we are on part 5 ....

Tam Tam ...gimme a beat and show me whatcha working with....enjoy sober dancing...one of my favorite things to do...but I am no good in heels..too clumsy...
oh and was that score in football...Man they stomped em....GO DUBLIN....

alright gals....BEHAVE....
love you all....
~Beezylou
Old 12-08-2006, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

good for you, beez, on telling the doc
ok, didn't want to clutter up our thread, but you can see the kids here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1129822
oh, and btw, if the plague starts out as constant coughing/tickly throat, then AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, i got it now
nite all!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Smyle, That is really courageous of you to come out and tell your doctor.. Congrats on your courage and honesty...

Mikiglen, Your kids are really beautiful, you must be so proud. 4 kids.. wow.. I am debating for a 3rd but I think I will stick with my 2..
Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i said that after my first two, as well.........
Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Does anybody worry about stupid **** all the time? Whenever things are going great in my life, I will find something silly to worry about and then obsess about it a bit. Somebody put it well, I have a dissatisfied mind. I think maybe my addict mind will find things to worry about so that it can have an excuse to drink. Who knows?

I have a great life, I have to learn to appreciate it more. I have a new motto.. "I will only give a **** about the people who give a **** about me"..

I have been wound up for a couple of days, craving a glass of wine.
Joanne
Old 12-08-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have 2 boys and I think hmmmm.. maybe a little girl however there are no guaranties plus I am blessed to have 2 healthy beautiful boys. One is 19 months and the other just turned 3
Joanne
Old 12-08-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

aararrrrrrggggghhhh! disappearing posts.....pulling hair here...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

ha! think i've figured out the secret. i copied my post and then when i had to re-log on, i pasted it in. hahahahah! maniacal laugh! let's see if this works....

**{liss}} i know what i would do (i think) but i definitely know what my sponsor would say: NO major life changes in your first year. the focus is on you. no losing yourself in anything or anyone else. you need to take this time for yourself. all else will resolve itself in time.

she tells me this about just about everything that is really bugging me. in some ways it's nice because it's a relief. "can't do anything about it now.." hey, a cop-out, but a rational one.

anyhow, give it up to your hp and see what happens. let hp's will be done, not yours. it will work out.

yikes! we're on part 4 already? and the moms keep a'rolling in!

welcome to all the new posters and the returning friends (laurience, fred, et al). i have three kids ages 6 and under, doc alcohol and sobriety date july 24 2006.

love the kid pix, misti!

my three went for christmas pix tonight. that is enough to make me want a drink. (warning: this post is crying out for our old smilies) one hour of waiting with a million other kids (and we were actually early for our appointment). dinner time came and went. kids wouldn't sit still, middle one is grabbing props and pelting other unsuspecting kids with them, littlest one is trying to climb the backdrop, and eldest is hypnotized by the sight of a camera attached to a computer and all the gadgets ...45 minutes later, we have our proofs and none of them are good but i am so weary and crazed by that time that i point to one and say "go ahead. print away." 30 minutes later i finally get to pay by which point we are all exhausted, starved, cranky and delirious (well, at least i was-lol) why? why oh why do i not learn that this type of seasonal torture is simply not necessary? why can i not just learn photoshop and make my own--plus i think i can edit my own pictures to make me look thin, wrinkleless and fabu like a cosmo girl--hmmmm

well, i'm home and i'm going to snuggle with a book and then it's off to breakfast with santa in the a.m.

ho ho ho
Old 12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

it did! it did work! i'll tell ya, i am losing it after the phototaking excursion into h@ll...

as for kids, three is definitely a charm! from what i hear, three's the
"new two"!

if my littlest could be cloned and i'd be guaranteed to get another as sweet, i'd go for as many as i could get. (of course, i'd have to get hauled off to the loony bin for real after THAT photo session--lol!)
Old 12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

heh, that's why we don't do holiday portraits. nope, nuh oh, no way
i've got a camera, just as easy
joanne, can you put up pics of your kids? i've encouraged people to put their pics in my thread if they want to, or i found on in cafe central where people posts pics as well.
i wanna see what everybody and their kids look like
for some reason, i see beezy as especially gorgeous, lol
Old 12-08-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sure, I can post a pic.. I just don't know what to do??