Notices

New

Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

Hi,
I found this site through searching the web. It looks good so I thought I would join. I'm really worried that I can't stop the pot and pills. I keep trying to quit but I can't. I was in treatment over 15 years ago for alcoholism and drug addiction but then over 4 years ago I started back up with pot and then in the past year with pills (vicodin and percs though I've stopped the percs) and am tapering on the vidocodin though I can't get below 4-6 pills a day. I need help. I'm so scared of facing life again even though I did this once before and sobriety was much better than this. It just seems so much more difficult this time. I've been smoking pot many times a day for the past 4 plus years. For anybody who is considering relapsing-don't-I thought it would just be for a day and here I am 4 years later undoing all the success I had in my first sobriety. I've lost touch or never really was in touch with a higher power. I know pot shouldn't be that big of a deal but I can't stop. THanks for listening.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you are not alone. read the stories on this site, there are a lot of people who have been exactly where you are.
and don't beat yourself up....lots of us had a lot of sobriety under our belt, too, and got slapped with a relapse. the disease never sleeps.
keep posting, and more people will be by soon to offer support
misti
Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FROG....Fully Relying On God

Hi hummingbird....I have been where you are and know how it feels. Pot, to me, is a big deal, because it still shuts me off from the sunlight of the spirit. After some sobriety time, I started smoking it again and then after 2 years of smoking it, it took me back to harder drugs and drinking again. I hit a really hard bottom. I finally just surrendered to the AA program about 4 1/2 years ago and have been clean since.
Please get yourself to a meeting and admit everything that you have here.....people can relate and can help you...if you want it.
Prayers to you,
AA Hugs
Jig
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi thejig, thanks for you reply about pot. It has felt like a big deal because it has brought me back to pills. How did you make it through the withdrawals?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes you just have to stay in bed and drink lots of water and just force yourself to not get up and use. Sometimes I found that leaving the house was enough incentive to use. I try and stay put and get another day under my belt.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

take it one minute at a time, one hour at a time and one day at a time
Old 12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Hummingbirtd- welcome to SR.. This is a great place to be for support. Come back often