Notices

Update...

Old 12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Update...

Sorry all didnt really want to be one that posted and split but its been pretty busy around here... I havent had a drink since the monday before thanksgiving and things are going pretty well. With all the holiday stuff going on Ive kept myself pretty busy so that helps. Im not sure if its the drugs Im on (lexapro for anxiety and depression) or if Im still feeling the affects of the no beer but I still feel kind of floaty and out of it... I dont like this feeling, I quit the drinking so I could be a better dad and feel things more clearly but Im not, maybe it will all pass. At least its better than being drunk all the time.. Anyway just wanted to check in and say hello.

Later...
Old 12-07-2006, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again!

Have you heard of PAWS? That might explain your haze.

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

Stay in focus...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
A couple months after I sobered up I tried Lexapro, Zoloft, and finally settled on EffexorXR to help with anxiety attacks. Here's some info I posted in another thread:

Your experience sounds eerily familiar to the one I had with EffexorXR, but everyone will have different experiences with these medications. I tried Lexapro and one other med, then finally settled on Effexor. I had those foggy, disconnected, cobwebs in the brain, black cloud, and unhappy feelings for about the first 3 months. I also had to up the dosage a few times until it worked effectively.

Even a phone call to your physician to explain how you're feeling can help by making them aware of a potential issue with your dosage. The feeling diary is an excellent idea too, one I never tried, but I've talked to others who found it helpful. What worked for me is trying to reinforce a positive attitude on myself. Walks in the sunlight, exercising, eating right, meditating, talking to others in recovery, etc. Anything to keep my thoughts away from depression and isolation seemed to make the medication more effective.

If I can offer any encouragement from my experience, it's that I was able to taper off EffexorXR after one year with no side effects, and my life has never been better. A few days ago I thought I was having an anxiety attack, but it was gone in a matter of minutes. I think taking the meds can be very beneficial, but it's important to have regular contact with the prescriber if something doesn't feel right.

Thanks for posting, and please keep us updated on your progress.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the info you guys.... Astro I think Im going to take some of your advice, I used to work out before the booze got in the way and I felt a ton better so I think Im going to get back in the gym, start some yoga or meditation and try to live a healther happier life.

thanks..
Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
If you take anyone's advice, please make sure it's that of your Dr. or whoever prescribed the Lexapro, and let them know how you're feeling. It's very important to speak to someone if you don't feel right, as dosages or type of med you take may need to be changed.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome back

Congrads on your time, everyday sober is something to say, it's working like that in my life too. Keeping busy is a big help also, I replaced alot of idol time thinking about drinkin that way when I first got sober. When I got sober I also FELT BETTER, and I notice that I was extremly thinned skinned, I wondered if that was going to pass, it did! I am here to confess the saying "this to shall pass" is true, lol, and sometimes it comes back and it passes again.

Keep coming back

ODATROSE