Notices

percocet withdrawl symptoms

Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

percocet withdrawl symptoms

ive got about 77 hours since my last dose of percocet. i was taking approx 15 a day of the 7.5 mg strength under a doc orders........now i'm addicted and going thru some miserable symptoms.......upset stomach, anxiety, nervousness, diarrhea, can't sleep..........how long does this last.........somebody help please! i'm pretty scared and am alone.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

can you call your doctor? he can help you
we're here, you are not alone
Old 12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i called the doc. i was advised to hang in there and try to endure the symptoms. i'm trying, its just so miserable. if i had a clue how bad this would be i would have never taken the drug. i had a large pelvic mass that started at my left ovary and wound its way around my large intestine, liver, and was imbedded in my diagphram. i had to wait almost 6 weeks from the date of discovery to surgery. it was a major operation, every organ in my abdomen was moved except for my lungs and heart. now here i am several weeks post op, going thru withdrawl...........i guess i thought my doc would be more 'helpful'. maybe i'm expecting too much........i lost my husband 6 months ago.........its just been such a difficult year.......i'm going to have to toughen up and make it thru this. i have no other choice.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

can he switch you to something a bit less addictive for the immediate future? what about the er? i doubt they would give you anything as strong as you have been taken, but might help a little.
otherwise, you can make it through this. hang in there. read the threads around here about how others have done it, they will give you hope.
it ends
Old 12-04-2006, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear what you are going through.
Take Care....
Old 12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by rhapsodyblue View Post
....somebody help please! i'm pretty scared and am alone.
You're not alone as long as you keep coming back .
Old 12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i don't know what i would have done today if it hadn't been for the folks here giving me the words of encouragement..........i'm hanging in there......miserable, but i'm going to stay strong...............thank you all!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((( rhapsody)))

Jeez, you've got such a full plate and now to have to be going thru withdrawals as well really sucks. If I were you I'd call your doctor again and ask for some intermediate relief. Maybe something for anxiety and to help you sleep. Seems cruel to me to just cut you off after such massive surgery.. You've gone through enough for one year without this pain.