Notices

God watches over drunks

Old 12-02-2006, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

God watches over drunks

not much for drunklogs but this one is OUT THERE. i was a sophmore at the university of vermont living in the dorms. my favorite activity at the time was breaking the glass around the fire extinquisher and running away (yeah real mature i know). one day when i had already shattered it a couple times in the previous week or two i decided to embark on yet another run. i was under the influence of valiums (handfuls of them) and basically wobbling and incoherent. at the time i was a raver so i was wearing these huge jeans which happened to have a hidden pocket in the zipper fly. unknowingly i had an eightball of coke (not even a drug i liked) hidden there. so i go and shatter the glass but this time the glass sprays me, cutting me all over so im bleeding like a madman.

i make it to my building which is adjacent from the dorm i was running from. wobbling/crawling up the stairs almost to my floor when the police show up. they looked at me...pouring blood, wobbling, and incoherent and were just dumfounded. they searched me and didnt find the coke. with nothing to charge me with other than being a moron, they called campus security who wrote me up for being inebriated in public. i dont even remember what happened until i got a copy of the write up in the mail describing my behavior and appearence. no hospital stay for the bleeding, no detox or overnight in jail for the drug usage. but most importantly...not felony narcotics posession.

God was working in my life even when i wasnt receptive to Him. sorry for the drunk log...i dont do those often but i just remembered how messed up of a situation that was.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

God does watch over us to an extent. That doesn't mean what you did was right and you're still responsible for your actions. You might want to include your actions in your fourth step amends. You were fortunate for two things 1) you didn't lose a dangerous amount of blood, and 2) you didn't receive a felony. You're lucky you didn't even get a misdemeanor for the vandalism. I wouldn't exactly call that divine providence.

You got off easy.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

oh yeah thats all over my 4th step. this happened a long time ago and i was doing dumb things before and after. my 4th step was 30 pages long!! i did use the worksheets so it wasnt full length writing for 30 pages but still, i have alot of amends to make. living amends. financial amends.