Hey everyone

Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
o.0

Hey everyone

Hello everyone, Wow its been quite a while since ive posted here...somethings have happened in that time gone from here.

For some who do not know my father is an alcoholic and has taken some types of medication with his drinks. He has done some pretty insane things to himself and family.

But just last week he went into In-Patient treatment center! I'm so verry happy for him. It feels great, knowing i'm not running around the block finding him till' 4 a.m. and i have to wake up for school at 7, hopefully that is all done and over with now though.

The last straw was the night before the day he went to treatment, he was running around the block stumbling etc. etc. the same old story, but my mom decided to go find him because he was in shorts & a tee shirt. It was about 19degrees also! So she went out and found him and then she got him in the car and was driving him over to my grandparents house and was going to drop him off, well he decided to jump out of the car and walk home *he was in the YMCA parking lot, a local gym* and he fell into the bushes and the next morning we found out he had flipped his ring off of his finger because it was to big for him, because he lost some weight a while back. But any ways, he was walking home and i saw him in the dark and i had a knife in my hand, because i was scared and thats what i do usually. Then he started running towards me, yes a drunk stumbling man running towards me, well it scared the crap out of me so i ran back into my house, my grandma from her home state was in town and she had to leave the next afternooon!!!! (her husband was also an Alco., so she knows everything that is going on) Well he got hiome and fell down the stairs and layed in her bed. So the cops came for some reasons that i dont feel like saying in here, and my uncle from his state was in town for deer hunting and he came over and brought him to my grandparents house and he stayed there. The next morning my mother told him "you can walk with us, or you can walk with it, if you choose it, you are moving out TODAY." and then that next day he told me he was going into treatment. And tuesday he went in!!! I'm so happy for him i cant even explain it!!! :-)

I'm going to go visit him today, and as i woke up this morning i thought of the night i registered on these forums and began posting about my problems! I so appreciate your guys help!

Well i have to go for now!

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-02-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Hay Ryan, I am really happy for u kiddo!!! I will say a prayer for u all and especially for your Dad. I pray this is it. One day at a time. Hugs out to u.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Hello. Prayers and good wishes. Irsh
Old 12-02-2006, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ryan, so glad you checked in. I'm saying prayers for your dad that this is his time. Hope you have a good visit.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ryan..thanks for sharing your good news! Best of luck to you all!

It's nice to hear from you....please check in when you can to let us know how you are!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((ryan)) - your post brought me to tears for some reason. i am so glad your dad is in treatment. may God watch over you and him!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ryan, Im so glad to hear your good news. wishes and prayers to you and your family.

Take Care,
Ash
Old 12-03-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Ryan

Thanks for checking in and sounds like things are better for you. Keep checking in, buddy.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
o.0

Thank you so much, well i just talked to him lol and hes going to a NA meeting up the street from where he is at. I'm really glad for him and i just dont know what to say lol. Thank you again, for everything, all of the prayers and all. Well i have to go for now! Bye!

Ryan